Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 17th February 2008, 01:36 PM   #21
Philip

Posts 19 and 20 do not reflect well on WS nor the usual literate standard of commentary on this Forum. Their commentary would only weaken the cause.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 03:49 PM   #22
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Posts 19 and 20 do not reflect well on WS nor the usual literate standard of commentary on this Forum. Their commentary would only weaken the cause.
If you actually lived on Maui you would understand what the HGA is about. Until you can speak from a place of knowledge, shut the hell up. Unless , of course you condone the assuault on tourists, the selling of drugs to the kids who surf pavilians, and the general mayhem these punks stir up. Their behavior doesn reflect well on surfing nor any part of being on Maui. You, on the other hand reflect poorly on yourself because you speak before you know. Good luck with that.
Old 17th February 2008, 09:35 PM   #23
kimax

"To Whom it may concern,

First I thought that this bill was a joke. But seems like it is not.

I was going to spend my vocation on Maui (income for the island!). But now I have to cancel it and tell to all my friends that Maui is no any longer a paradise... =(

This is a nonsense that minority group of surfers are able to adjust laws.

Regards, Maxim Kim, Finland"
kimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 10:46 PM   #24
Unregistered

Thumbs up I agree with Philip and kimax

First of all, Mr. "Unregistered" user,

Why don't you register yourself and refrain from using profanity?

You do reflect poorly on all windsurfers in our moment of solidarity. All of us "watermen" need to come to terms that we all share the same beautiful locales on Maui. We should organize a Hui of all watermen. HGA included.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:10 AM   #25
Unregistered

Hopefully there are a few sailors who are investigating this Senator Les Ihar.

Finding out his agenda, will undoubtably lead to the ultimate problem and who's sending him the MONEY!

Is he a good old boy, or a newbee with some ties to local surfers?
Old 18th February 2008, 03:14 AM   #26
Old man from the sea

Sorry, I didnt realize this is the Oxford Forum of Windsurfing. So sorry my salty language isnt up to your taste. Do come to Maui, do try to surf hookipa and report back to us how it all went. Send HGA our regards.

The sponsor of this bill is the ex-head of the democratic party here in Hawaii and is in the "old boy network" all the way. He is a senator who doesnt like anything that doesnt have to do with his agenda. If he had his way he would cancel all flights into Hawaii, close down the hotels, and tell all you guys f*** off. Cancel windsurfing, kiting, and just any other ocean uses except for his sacred cows. Oops, scuse my salty language again.

Do try to get informed on the topics before you speak. Is that so hard? There is no solidarity with HGA, unless you approve of their agenda. Very sad cause HGA wants you OUT. They will break into your car while your surfing and steal your stuff, they will sell ice to your little brother when you turn your back, and they will get their gang together and kick your ass when get back onto the beach. I didnt realize you guys are supporting this activity. So, nice job supporting the goog guys. Way to gooooo. Why dont you stand up and be a man instead of hiking up your skirts and holding hands with the HGA singing kumbaya.
Old 18th February 2008, 03:30 AM   #27
Unregistered

Thumbs up Old man:

" Why dont you stand up and be a man instead of hiking up your skirts and holding hands with the HGA singing kumbaya."

That was rich! I snorted coffee out my nose reading that...

But, please learn tolerance. HGA are humans too. Maybe they need a little understanding? Help in overcoming drugs and crime?
Old 18th February 2008, 05:28 PM   #28
Unregistered

Default What next?

Like the "old man from the sea"

we want your money, Not you.

If that is the way
after the tourism goes
It is back to sugar cane business.
Old 18th February 2008, 11:53 PM   #29
Unregistered

Thumbs down unilateralism

Hookipa taliban, these grommits dont get it, most of us come to maui , sail, kite, surf for a week or two and leave,
they are just making a case of reverse discimination against them better.
and it wont go anywhere
hate and misunderstanding has never helped anybody. look at the history of the world. It happened a thousand years ago, it still goes on.
groms just look at people like the taliban, do you like what byou see?

as to this les ahar and his policies , if true, remember agendas like his dont work for the little guys he will sit pretty while others suffer for his agenda.
Politicians like that sell you a bill of goods then ask you why your are angry and broke and say you wanted it .
he came damn close to to slipping this bill in under the door under the cover of darkness.

P.S. dont worry in 50 years the tourist industry will be "hollowed out like a gourd" when fuel costs are 50 times what they are now. then the occasional windrigger will come calling, you may not see it as the walk to kahului harbour will be too long and you grom will be too old. thinking about the good old days.
Old 19th February 2008, 01:34 AM   #30
Unregistered

This was posted elsewhere - it deserves reposting here too:

I wrote before that this bill is all about kitesurfers being dicks at Kailua and Diamond Head, and guess what, I was proven correct.

Now, I find it very ironic that kitesurfers all of a sudden want to "unite" with windsurfers, in order to protect themselves from the consequences of their own disrespect and disregard for others.

Windsurfing has worked hard to establish itself as a respectable sport with roots in the community. Windsurfing has paid its dues when it comes to access in Hawaii and elsewhere. Why in the heck would windsurfing want to "unite" itself with kitesurfing, a sport perceived as being practiced by a bunch of sociopathic hooligans hellbent on destroying themselves and everything and everybody else around them?

Kitesurfing is nothing but a boat anchor working as hard as it can to drag windsurfing to the bottom - and this bill proves it. In the public eye, the distinction between windsurfing and kitesurfing has become blurred.

What windsurfing really needs to do is to establish in the public perception a strong differentiation versus kitesurfing.

The public at large and the legislature both need to be made aware that windsurfing is NOT kitesurfing - the two are DIFFERENT in terms of equipment, in terms of demographics, in terms of safety, and in terms of impact.

And that, my friends, is the best and surest way for windsurfers to preserve access for their sport - NOT by blurring the differentiation with kitesurfing, but by reinforcing it.

Kitesurfers, dig your own grave, but please, don't ask us to lie in it with you.