Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 21st April 2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Per

Default S-type 126 with 8.5 sail, will it work?

Hi.
I've got a good offer on a S-type 126 (2005). As my big freeride sail is an 8.5 I would like to know if the board will carry this size comfortably.

Any feed back is very appreciated.

;-)
Per
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 02:39 PM   #2
Unregistered

Hi Per,
I have a 2006 s-type 126 and was out on the weekend with an old 8.4 pryde V8 streetracer.
It was about 15knots and the combo worked fine,only suggestion is to use a good fin,I was using a tectonics 42cm and it was a well suited.
I am 100kg.
Old 21st April 2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Per

Thanks a lot..
I'm 97 kgs so it's a very compareable observation.
How about the 126 in high winds with a 5.5 sail? Will it work? Is the 126 mostly a freerace board or can you throw it around with the straps on the inside for bump and jump sailing?

;-)
Per
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 06:36 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per View Post
Thanks a lot..
I'm 97 kgs so it's a very compareable observation.
How about the 126 in high winds with a 5.5 sail? Will it work? Is the 126 mostly a freerace board or can you throw it around with the straps on the inside for bump and jump sailing?

;-)
Per
Hi Per,
The smallest sail I have is 5.9 excess and don't like using the s-type with it as the board is too big in high winds,would suggest keeping the 115 for that.
However I do use a 7.5 ms2 up to about 22knots then drop down to a 6.5 ms2 up to about 26 knots but is more a case of hanging on and hope for the best.
You can use it for bump and jump with the straps on the inside however I only use it for blasting but thoroughly enjoy it as the s-type really enjoys being powered up