Old 28th April 2008, 03:55 AM   #11
Hank

No Remi or anyone else who has any info on this ?
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 01:33 PM   #12
pfaffi

Send a message via Skype™ to pfaffi

Next weekend (May 1st-4th) will be first big Formula competition, Formula Super Cup, on Lake Garda/Italy. I expect more than 50 starters. I am sure there will be used all new fins and boards. Find my report asap.
Cheers peter
pfaffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2008, 07:24 PM   #13
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Hank,

I am in the Defi Wind right now with an extremely low connection, but since my last recomendation we continue to progress and the R20 rake + 6cm seems to be the best one and the R17 soft rake + 6cm.

Their is only on stifness for the R20.

All the best
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 05:18 AM   #14
Hank

Hi Remi.

Thanks for clarifying, good luck at the race, hope it turns out well for you.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 05:17 PM   #15
Dave K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfaffi View Post
Next weekend (May 1st-4th) will be first big Formula competition, Formula Super Cup, on Lake Garda/Italy. I expect more than 50 starters. I am sure there will be used all new fins and boards. Find my report asap.
Cheers peter
Please report
Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 06:11 PM   #16
G

ok Dave,
I put my report but,please,drop my name into your (long) waiting list for one of your famous weapon!

3 days comp.

1 -wind came,as usual,in early afternoon but we were a bit slow to get ready for starting and while second (opss,don't remember if first or second!) upwind the race director decided to cancel that leg.

2 -weather was much more better and with sun came a steady wind too.The most part of the fleet was in 11,0 as the wind was 16-23 knt. 2+2 0,8 miles legs .
Beverino took the first 2 bullets.He had a nice lead followed by Begalli and Fauster who took the other 2 bulet of the day.So in the end of the day first Beverino,second Fauster and third Begalli.Please don't ask me more because I was a step behind of the top 8 to right follow the whole race and too committed for not giving up in my personal battles!

3 -still very nice weather and good wind.Once again the king size was 11,0. Today the favourite side for starting was on port.Everything went smooth (just some loud crossing...).There was so much people hanging around with their 5/6 mq sails in the middle of our downwind that was really thrilling make it right! Do I have speaking about the ships??
Anyway.Still 3 full bullets from Beverino who showed a higher speed over the course while Begalli took 3 second and won the last leg and,in the and,overtook Fauster for final seond place.

1 Beverino Gaastra-Gaastra
2 Begalli Starboard-Severne
3 Fauster F2-North
4 Reucher Starboard-Challenger
5 Marchegger Gaastra-Gaastra

Just say say sorry for all the others I haven't reported but,as said,not able to follow every aspect of the race.

Great fun,as usual,in and out of the water.Organization was fantastic.Truly appreciated the 2 dinners offered by Circolo Vela Arco who cooperated with Circolo Surf Torbole for the big success of the event.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 12:54 AM   #17
fin66

Have had problems with 162 to go upwind, can't get angle.
Used to be on 161 and warp2007
Now on 162 and Neilpryde

What to do, I've tried R17, R13, Hurricane 4a. Mast track recommended to -2cm.
10.7 RRS overtensioned and undertensioned.

Nothing seems to work...

Help !!!, one week to first competition.

176cm / 82kg
fin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 02:53 AM   #18
G

I can keep at least the same angle upwind than 161 (last season had same stuff than you) but I'm surely faster downwind.T
If I have to sign some weak point is that my back leg burns a bit (like 159 time!) while downwind.
Old 15th May 2008, 10:36 AM   #19
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Fin66,

You must try the R20 rake + 6cm, this fin will help you up wind and will deliver and excellent confort and speed down wind with less effort.

All the best
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 02:16 PM   #20
G

Hallo Remi,
want you please let us know the effect of the R20+6 on the board while 12-20 kt ?
If I right understand the R19 should be the weapon in 6-12 and the R17 or R13 in +17/18 (depends about water state).Am I right?
What's the reason at the moment the Kashy's seem to have an edge?

Thank you