Go Back   Starboard Forums > Windsurfing School

Old 30th June 2008, 07:08 PM   #21
prpa

Send a message via Skype™ to prpa
Default little bit of data

Hi
I thing that next few line can give some new perspective to R&D team.

Last 50 years in europe tipical hight of the male increased for 20 cm.
This is reflecting also size of the shoe.

In my country tipical male shoe size for guy 20-35 years old is 42-46
size (US 9,5-11,5). I personaly have 46 Euro size.

I hope this can be taken into consideration when R&D is working.
prpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 06:18 AM   #22
Ellen Faller
Dream Team - School

Hi,
I think that many of us would like to have the *option* to have larger footstraps. In the winter, many people wear booties. Even barefooted, I have wide feet (bunions) for a woman, and we have lots of broken shells, broken glass, other sharps on the beach, and booties are a safe idea. As it is now, I cannot get my feet into the straps unless they are in the front screw hole and the back screw hole. Set this way, the straps collapse to flat and I have to spend precious time trying to wiggle my foot into one strap, then into the other. If I set the straps narrower, I can't get in at all. So I buy and use aftermarket straps.
I hope someone at Starboard R&D hears us and makes the necessary changes.
Ellen
Ellen Faller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 02:26 PM   #23
Tiesda You
Dream Team Designer

Hi everyone,

This posting is coming in late but I hope that by putting it back on top it will be brought back to your attention and that you'll get to read it.

Since your first comments, we've reworked the footstraps to be longer as well as upgraded a number of other details. By making the footstraps longer, they can now be sized large enough for people with big feet and/or for those wearing booties. When these new straps are fitted to a board, their shapes are also holding much better and they don't tend to shrink back to a small natural size again either.

We've also found that a side benefit is that for those with smaller feet, adjusting the straps to their smallest size will compress the sides more than previously, which means that the feet will feel the tightness not only from the top but also from the sides. I've got small feet myself so I particularly appreciated that.

There's now some extra stitching that joins the inner and outer later of neoprenes together too - some people mentioned that when the straps were extended to their maximum size, the sides would thin out and cause a strong hard spot that was painful for the toes to bump into. So the extra stiching prevents this from happening by ensuring that there's a full two layer of neoprene everywhere along the inside surface of the straps, even if the strap is extended fully.

We've increased the padding thickness overall and changed some of the aestheric details on the top flap, and also added a second peel tab to the top flap to make the opening of the top flap that little bit easier.

I'm sorry if this reply is coming in a bit late. If you, Prpa, Ken, Afblaster, send me an email with your postal address, I'll get a set of new straps sent over to you. Thanks for your feedback, and do continue to let us know any other comments you may have on the boards and their parts - whether good or bad.

Cheers,

Tiesda

tiesda@star-board.com
Tiesda You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 11:36 PM   #24
WMarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesda You View Post
Hi everyone,...

If you, Prpa, Ken, Afblaster, send me an email with your postal address, I'll get a set of new straps sent over to you. Thanks for your feedback, and do continue to let us know any other comments you may have on the boards and their parts - whether good or bad.

Cheers,

Tiesda

tiesda@star-board.com
I'm not in Tahiti....I'm in NJ USA (paradise)...Sometimes I windsurf naked (barefoot), and sometimes I'm in thermal sox + drysuit with dry sox + wet boots for winter windsurfing.....I'd need a set of decent adjustable straps too....

If I send you a sales receipt for a 2008 Futura, would you send me some straps too?....Thanks....

Last edited by WMarker; 27th August 2008 at 12:59 AM.
WMarker is offline   Reply With Quote