Old 22nd April 2008, 04:54 PM   #1
blazer

Default ISonic 122 tuning

Had my first run on newly purchased '07 ISonic 122 and Gaastra GTX 8.5.
What's the recommended mast foot position with this rig setup? I ran it directly in the middle. Unfortunately it was my first time out this season and tired quickly in my full wetsuit and cold weather. Didn't have a chance to play too much with settings.

I was pleased with the performance of the board (early planing, handling, jibing, etc). I was expecting more top end. I would imagine sliding the mast foot back would increase this.

Looking forward to getting out again.
blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 01:41 AM   #2
bora kozanoglu

Send a message via MSN to bora kozanoglu
Thumbs up more top end with 122

Hi blazer

You have one of the fastest slalom boards in the world with a realy huge sail and wind range.For more top end try the mast foot back.You can also take footstraps further back.If really powered up try to use a smaller fin . If still you cant improve your speed than You also have to play with your sail..If you are sailing in flatish water conditions you can give a bit more downhaul for more leech in your sail which will result a more reactant sail ending up with more top end speed..also try to use a bit higher boom with shorter harness liness..

hope it works

cheers

TUR 11

www.borakozanoglu.com.tr
bora kozanoglu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 05:15 AM   #3
blazer

Bora,

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to getting out on it again to give your suggestions a try.
blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 02:05 AM   #4
Jille

I have a IS122 2007 myself and found out that placing the mastfoot and straps in te middle is the best place for me (see tunig tips on this site).
Before that I've placed the footstraps all the way back and it looked like the wind range of the board was narrower.
More wind needed for planing and very early tailwalking, that is.

Trying something different is always oke, btw, but don't waste a lot of time and energy with this things (like I did)!
Jille is offline   Reply With Quote