Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 3rd May 2008, 02:59 AM   #31
steveC

I'm going offer something here that some may not agree with, but I personally think that its quite meaningful overall. I think that F2 was really coming up short with the graphic designs on their boards.

Now, if you look at the graphic design concepts that Starboard is using on their boards, in my opinion they're fantasic. Arguably the best out there, and they keep hitting the bullseye year after year. While there's obviously more to a brand's products than just graphics, but if a board looks like a dog, its popularity is going to suffer.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 08:47 AM   #32
Unregistered

i personally feel jp has the best graphics. But starboards are very good too, and i agree graphics play a big part in buyer decision
Old 6th May 2008, 01:42 PM   #33
Unregistered

I like F2 graphics. Straight, hard, like steel. And dont like graphics about "flowers and something everything" like on glamour fashion posters.
I like the boards feeling and shaping style even more. Diethelm is that rare shaper who wins races on his own boards.
Old 7th May 2008, 03:43 PM   #34
Unregistered

Unhappy

No wonder best board manufacurer there`s ever been has gone bust when sailors choose a board by what picture is on it.
Should be a rule. No graphics.Plain white. (or pink with flowers for the girls;and I dont mean the females)
Can you imagine Robbie or Bjorn (Or Antione) ever caring what colour or pictures were on the board under their feet.
or even worse lowering themselves to discuss it.
"Oh Robbie ,I like the striped one with blue flashes;isnt it pretty.What about you Bjorn?"
We deserve it !!!
BS BS BS rules
Old 7th May 2008, 04:50 PM   #35
Bill

Cool Graphics are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can you imagine Robbie or Bjorn (Or Antione) ever caring what colour or pictures were on the board under their feet.
BS BS BS rules
I believe it is naive to think graphics are not important.

They are even more important for professional sailors.

Robby identifies himself with the pirates cross bone and skull and uses red heavily in his boards. He also uses the same pink coloured sails.

Bjornís boards are also very distinctive graphics with bold segments.

Jason uses yellow in his boards.

They want to identify themselves through their graphics as well as their sailing style.

Starboard graphics are the best in the business IMHO and I would hate to see plain old white boards, how boring.
Old 8th May 2008, 02:31 AM   #36
Ellen Faller
Dream Team - School

When did HiFly go out of business? and if they did, why are there 2008 HiFly boards for sale?
Ellen Faller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 06:06 AM   #37
Unregistered

Unhappy

He does that to sell boards to us idiots.He knows graphics help sell boards; he also knows they dont make a jot of difference to how board performs !!!
Old 9th May 2008, 03:16 AM   #38
Bill

Question Bad day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He does that to sell boards to us idiots.He knows graphics help sell boards; he also knows they dont make a jot of difference to how board performs !!!
Don,t be hard on yourself I am sure they donít think you are an idiot. BTW no one said graphics help a board perform.
Old 9th May 2008, 04:21 PM   #39
Unregistered

Default Bad day for US and F2

When #board have eventually taken over the world to the expense of all other board manfacturers with their own brand of marketing;sponsorship etc etc it will be an even worse day for WS.
#B and their approach to the sport (read their claims on this site;look at thir approach to getting best sailors)must have some responsibility in demise of F2.
F2 didnt "play the game" o such an extent.They `ve paid the price.(or actually we have)
Old 9th May 2008, 10:22 PM   #40
mark h

Post 39, boy you sound bitter. I dont see how SB had any responsibility in the demise of F2, I'd say full responsibility lies at F2's chairman (just resigned).

Unless mental, SB & other industries will never play there products "down", why would they!! Hype, hype & more hype is why we keep buying. Luckly most of us are able to cut through the hype & PR and decide whats good and whats not good. Personally I'm a sucker for hype and always look forward to new boards/sails launch dates and I usually manage to find a reason to upgrade my kit.

I dont ride f2's but I was not pleased to hear about F2 hitting comercial problems. I'm confident that a buyer will turn up. Theres alot of good guys/girls under the F2 wing and my first thoughts are for them.

The toys:
Speed W44 - Speed W49 - speed W53 - speed W58 - iS76 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 7.8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mark h; 9th May 2008 at 10:25 PM.
mark h is offline   Reply With Quote