Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 6th May 2008, 11:23 PM   #41
Unregistered

To Remi dream team person,

what kit are the youth racers on for the FOD? are they on a different fin? and who uses the 8.5 and who uses the 9.5?

from junior racer who thinks RSX is overpriced
Old 7th May 2008, 05:24 PM   #42
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Unregistered,

This is the proposal :

The Formula Experience Class work great for under 17 years old with max 8,5m. The fin will be the stock one Drake R13 70cm. We use this kit with a lot of succes in the ISAF wind range. They enjoy a lot with this equipment at a really inexpensive price.

Under 19 years old that will be the FOD + the 9,5 for the boys and 8,5 for the women + the Deboichet Customs fin.

All the best
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 05:31 PM   #43
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Sergio,

We propose for the men a 11m and 9,5m for women, who have a better wind range than the Formula Windsurfing sails and a super soft fin who work really great in the lighter winds and give also good control in higher winds. The combo give you the possibility to have only one sail and one fin in the ISAF wind range.

All the best
Old 7th May 2008, 09:01 PM   #44
Unregistered

I think this new Olympic concept will kill Formula Experience. Well, We don't see much FE competition anyway.
Old 7th May 2008, 10:04 PM   #45
Duffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think this new Olympic concept will kill Formula Experience. Well, We don't see much FE competition anyway.
I agree.

Formula is great but to expensive for me, the joe average sailor. One Design Formula is attractive but looks like the Pryde experience all over again. My RSX is collecting dust, no one wants to by it. Why......because no one sails them for fun.

I have gone full circle and have ended up back here -

This article on a longboard website might fuel some debate

http://www.lbwindsurfing.com/2007/09...lympic-circus/
Old 8th May 2008, 12:38 AM   #46
sergio k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I agree.

Formula is great but to expensive for me, the joe average sailor. One Design Formula is attractive but looks like the Pryde experience all over again. My RSX is collecting dust, no one wants to by it. Why......because no one sails them for fun.

I have gone full circle and have ended up back here -

This article on a longboard website might fuel some debate

http://www.lbwindsurfing.com/2007/09...lympic-circus/
we do sail formula boards for 'fun' all the time, that my most used board(6-18knots),
if you want to plane and not seat on the beach waiting for 12 knots min....
and SB fine tunes the 11m2 rig to make it cheap and rangy with alum boom,
that could be one board/sail solution for many sailors in light wind areas,
if you don't care if you plane or not, than longboard is great choice though
Old 8th May 2008, 06:03 AM   #47
Unregistered

I dint't know why so much discussion about FW Onde Design. Follow me people, Just 2 or 3 FW boards on the market this days (*Board, Exocet and F2), I don't remember any other brand now. F2 is almost out of business, I don't know about Exocet, they might give up FW soon like Fanatic and Mistral. Soon We'll have FW one design rather we like it or not.
Sad but true.
Well, let's sail.
Old 12th May 2008, 03:45 AM   #48
Unregistered

Is this new sail to be a lot different to Overdrive ?
Old 12th May 2008, 06:43 AM   #49
Unregistered

I think one of the problems with marketing this as 100% windsurfing etc. is that we limit non-planing windsurfing which has the potential to be the biggest potential of windsurfing world-wide, imagine millions of chinese and possibly indians on their sub-planing windsurfings gliding away on their light wind destinations, how are we going to reconcile with this potential if it's not REAL windsurfing? A new name for it? THEN YOU LOSE THE BRAND OF WINDSURFING?
Old 12th May 2008, 10:16 AM   #50
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Unregistered,

The 11m is very close to the Overdrive and the 9,5 is the same spirit but smaller than the 10m production.

This sails was devellope for the Formula Experience Class for years and fit the ISAF wind range (6 to 25 knots)

All the best