Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 19th April 2007, 01:47 PM   #1
gandria

Default New board

Dear all,

I have a big problem by buy a new board: I cruise since 2002 with a GO 170 year 2002(for me the best board from Starboard!!!), that now beginn to be old....I normaly cruise on the lake with wind from 9 knt to 25knt ( 3 sail : 6 and 7 and 9 m2) and I weight 75kg. I enjoi freerace/freeride. Wind condition are mostly beetween 8-15 knt (sometime untill 25 knt).I enjoy early planing but also crusie in 15-20 knt: For me the GO 170 2002 was perfect with a weight of 10,3 kg!!!!! Now the problem: the new GO 170 is much heavier with 12,5 Kg: are the perfomamnce still the same of model 2002, or is oriented to other surf category? What table 2007 have the same perfomance as GO 2002?

Thank you for an answer

Ciao

Andrea
gandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Chris Pressler

Default RE: New board

Ciao Andrea,
you could decide for the CARVE 162. Below 9 kilos and 82,5 wide. The board covers the same windrange, but could push your skills. Just think about and come back, if you should have any questions.

A dopo,
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 03:43 PM   #3
gandria

Default fin for carve 162

Thank you very much,
Now a Carve 162 is in my car and from april severeal time on the lake. It is nice to surf and confortable at the same time!! Now a question: when I surf with my Neilpryde V8 9m2 the board go "quite easy" in spinout. The fin is a original drake 49cm....Do you think I can buy a bigger one? How many cm.? My weight is 75 kg.

Thank you in advance for your answer

Andrea
Old 3rd July 2008, 02:55 PM   #4
gandria

Talking fin for carve 162

Good Morning,
is there someone that can ask my previeus question? it is important for me to have a feed back about this "small" problem.

thank you very, very much in advance

andrea
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:34 PM   #5
Ellen Faller
Dream Team - School

Andrea,
You can certainly try a larger fin, maybe 3-4 cm longer, to use with your biggest sail. Other less expensive things to look at: the condition of your original fin, and how much you are pushing against the fin with your back foot.
The fin should be "clean" with no dings, nicks, raised print on the fin itself.
Sometimes when you change from one board to a new one with a slightly different design, especially at the tail end, that change will bring to light some techique issue that needs to be resolved. Too much pressure with the back foot, the position of the footstraps, etc.
hope this helps,
Ellen
Ellen Faller is offline   Reply With Quote