Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 13th July 2008, 12:41 AM   #11
Unregistered

Oooops, dont no why my last post (10) is giant quote. Must have hit the wrong button
Old 14th July 2008, 11:28 PM   #12
Unregistered

One board will always bring compromise. His top end is 20-25, so one assumes that the rest of the time, will be at lower wind speeds.
Racers will know its "go big or go home" and I think Naish once said "there's worse things than being overpowered".
Even if he is not racing, he may well want to be planing for the maximum amount of time and an IS96 with 7.8 & 6.3 wont achieve that. I agree the 133 may be slightly big but he needs to be closer to 133 than 96.
Old 15th July 2008, 03:43 AM   #13
mark h

Poster 12. Fair point. If he/she is at the lower end, maybe a compromise would be a iS101/111. The iS111 pretty good in chop but still pretty flighty in 25k.

The toys:
Speed W44 - Speed W49 - speed W53 - speed W58 - iS76 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 7.8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 01:23 AM   #14
Unregistered

GO BIG OR GO HOME !!

Brazilian Dominates Highland Spring HIHO 2008

Brazilian pro racer Wilhelm Schurmann aced this years Highland Spring HIHO event. The top ranked Formula racer won all seven races in the events 6-day schedule.
“Schurmann made it look easy,” said race director Simon Woods. “He was first off the line at every start, and always first to finish.”
Schurmann sailed a 10.0 V8 sail and used the stock Techno 2 race fin
throughout the event. “It was the perfect set-up for the 15-18 knot winds we had all week”, he said. “I was always set-up just right- fast and in-control on the long inter-island legs.”
Old 16th July 2008, 04:32 AM   #15
Unregistered

You cant compair HiHo with say Europe as the warm winds on the HiHo feel way weaker than the cooler euro winds.