Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 23rd July 2008, 07:26 PM   #1
RobSwift

Default Drug testing for the PWA

Could the PWA competitors pass the stringent tests given the Tour de France cycling competitors? Looking at his musculature, I wonder if Albeau isn't a steroid user. It's my opinion that the windsurfing industry works to hide such stuff from the public. Publications like Boards Magazine have supported this opinion by quickly deleting any reference to pro use of dope.
RobSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 09:39 PM   #2
kingo

I would like to see you ask him in person Brucie! I think its quite obvious that he does
not use steroids,just skill! Ever thought about going on a diet Brucie/sinbad? From the
evidence i have seen,you seem to be carrying a bit[understatement]of extra weight.
kingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:07 PM   #3
oneup

Default Boards magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSwift View Post
Publications like Boards Magazine have supported this opinion by quickly deleting any reference to pro use of dope.
Brucie, it's far more likely that they zapped your posts and your aliases because they were fed up with your biased, inflammatory nonsense. To claim that they "support this opinion" is simply more evidence of your deranged perspective.
oneup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 12:11 AM   #4
Ken

Anyone that sails as often as the pros, has all the strength and endurance they need. It's skill and agility that makes them great, not drugs.

I see no reason that any of them would want to take steroids.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 05:08 PM   #5
RobSwift

Sure, Ken, and Santa Claus might bring you a new board next winter. That is, if you aren't naughty.

Last edited by RobSwift; 24th July 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 24th July 2008, 05:09 PM   #6
RobSwift

Kingo, were you born thinking like an asshole or is that something you learned from your mother? Oneup didn't learn from his mother because he didn't have one so at least you can consider yourself human.

Last edited by RobSwift; 24th July 2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 24th July 2008, 06:42 PM   #7
Ken

RobSwift,

Actually, Santa Claus did bring me an iS 111 last Christmas. Not being naughty paid off.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 08:12 PM   #8
kingo

[QUOTE=RobSwift;23816]Kingo, were you born thinking like an asshole or is that something you learned from your mother?

Sadly,she passed away giving birth to me.
kingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 10:57 PM   #9
raffig

RobSwift,
I am afraid that you are missing the point completely...There is no sense in comparing drug testing between pro cycling (mainly endurance-based sport, which benefits greatly from EPO/blood enhancing drugs) and pro windsurfing (mainly a skill/technical discipline). Although windsurfing at pro-level is also incredibly physical demanding, drug intake is irrelevant to have a competitive advantage. Same applies to many technical/skill-based disciplines: skiing, gymnastics, etc.

Also, A. Albeau is far from having the appearance of a steroid-pumped body, such the one shown off by 100m sprinters. He is a big guy, very strong, but more on the "chubby" side. Same can be said of others, as Micah or Finian. I have seen him a couple of times in the PWA Costa Brava contest and he does not look that impressive. What is really impressive is his sailing...
raffig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 12:02 AM   #10
oneup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSwift View Post
Kingo, were you born thinking like an asshole or is that something you learned from your mother? Oneup didn't learn from his mother because he didn't have one so at least you can consider yourself human.
Say, Brucie, always a joy to read such an articulate and intelligent post from such an articulate and intelligent guy. How's everything at 19 Glory Lane these days?

. . . . . . . . . . . .
oneup is offline   Reply With Quote