Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 11th August 2008, 06:53 PM   #1
pforster

Question Phantom Race Mast Track Pedal Question

Hello,

I just got a new Phantom Race 320 which I really like, but I am a bit confused about how to operate the mast track pedal. The pedal sometimes goes in flat against the board, so that it is presumably not in the way and can be stepped on without releasing the mast track, but when that happens on the water, it obviously becomes impossible to adjust the mast foot position on the fly while windsurfing -- I cannot figure out how to keep this paddle from folding down, how to keep it up so that it remains operational. Is there a trick or is mine malfunctioning? I could not find any usage documentation on the starboard web site either.

Thanks for any advise/tips.

Peter
pforster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 07:48 PM   #2
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi pforster,
I had the opposite problem on my Phantom.
The pedal was quite difficult to get to disengage, so the pedal stuck up all the
time and I couldn't get it to drop down into the other (disengaged) position.
What I found was that you need to pull the pedal up and then slide it back a little to get
it to lock in the "actuate" position.
Conversely you need to slide it forward a bit to get the pedal to disengage, then it will fold down flat.
Somehow the design of the release mechanism seems to have made the pedals very hard to slide (in my case and perhaps yoiurs as well) and you need to play with it a bit to
A/ Figure out just how to slide it so it moves for the engage/disengage positions.
B/ Operate it several times so the "stickiness" works loose and you can fairly easily slide it between the two positions.
It will work, I'm pretty sure, it's just the motions you need to get the thing to slide are very non-intuitive and need to be figured out.
Hope this helps,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote