Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 12th October 2008, 01:54 PM   #1
janmini

Send a message via MSN to janmini
Default EVO XTV 75 vs ACID 74

Hi,
This year the places I surf seems to have a growing "problem" whith a strong current. I sail the EVO 74 (2007) and have a problem lately with these currents. I can buy an ACID (2008) 74 model. Would this be a better sollution than the EVO? I sail different conditions from Cross-off to on shore, whith waves up to 3m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
janmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 03:04 PM   #2
sailpower

Send a message via MSN to sailpower

Janmini,

Do you speak about Wissant? For the strong curents in north of france and belguim I prefer the acid 74...more speed and too easy to up wind. I use it in wissant since 4 years and it's really my favorite board. Now I use evil and it's good too no problem with strong current of wissant
sailpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2008, 02:54 AM   #3
janmini

Send a message via MSN to janmini

Hey sailpower,
Yes, I mean places like Wissant. I've asked the same question at the team and concidering there answers i've decided to replace my 4.5 to a 4.7 first, to have that little bit of extra power (it had to be replaced anyway). The EVO 2007 has to be sailed powerd up i these conditions.
Have you sailed the EVO's 75?
Grtz,
Jan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
janmini is offline   Reply With Quote