Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 7th November 2008, 03:16 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Futura 111 - 2nd fin choice

Hi All,

I'm about to purchase an 09 Futura111. I'm also after a 2nd fin for this board and was wondering what brand, type and size would be ideal for the Futura. My sail sizes are 5.5, 6.5 and 7.5. I'll be using the board in conditons from flat water to quite choppy waters. I'm 80kg. I was looking at a smaller fin just not too sure on what size and shape I should be looking at. Any help appreciated!

Cheers
Old 7th November 2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Chris Pressler

Hi,
the Futura 111 gets delivered with a Drake Freeslalom Swift 380, which should fit for all three sailsizes. The board is 68 cm wide. You could get a bigger fin for the 7,5 to extend the lightwind performance, like a 42. I definitely would not go shorter than 34 cm.
You could think about a Drake Freeslalom Swift 340.
I would suggest: try the board with the 38 cm and decide afterwards.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 01:44 AM   #3
Unregistered

Wink Futura 111

I use to ride a 68.5 freeeride board, not a futura but I have some experience with 7.5 freeride sails al my sails in the past were 7.5 so I can tell you that the best fin for your board and sail is the 48 cm, It will plane extremely early and point upwind fairy well.

Regards,

R
Old 8th November 2008, 04:08 AM   #4
Malloy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I use to ride a 68.5 freeeride board, not a futura but I have some experience with 7.5 freeride sails al my sails in the past were 7.5 so I can tell you that the best fin for your board and sail is the 48 cm, It will plane extremely early and point upwind fairy well.

Regards,

R
If the Futura 111 is just remotely like the Isonic, a 48cm fin is waaaay too big, it'll pull you out of the water.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 04:38 PM   #5
Unregistered

Cheers all!

Purchased the board today but yet to try it. Long story short, I had to get the second fin today with the board so no time to try the 38cm fin supplied and go from there. In the end I decided on a 32cm Liquid Pro fin so I hope this will not be too small. I appreciate all the help!