Old 1st November 2008, 07:11 PM   #11
Chris Pressler

Very interesting discussion. Sometimes fins, wich are built for hardcore racing, can be a bit more sensitive in sailing. Think about! A special fin could be a handicap, too! Production fins are built for average use, but should deliver excellent performance!
In the actual SURF (German mag) selected Slalom and sporty Freerideboards were tested.
The fastest fin in the category "Top Speed" should have been the MFC pretty close to the DRAKE 44 production, which got used in the Fanatic Falcon 125. Also the Choco Fin in F2 RSX were close to the MFC like the Drake 44. The category "speed in medium wind" got won by the DRAKE fin, which proofs the high quality of these products. The DRAKE 44 fin was placed in the top segment in the categories "Performance on the Upwind" and "Planning through". In the category "Overall control" no product made it in the top segment.
he Fanatic Ray had the Drake 44 in the box, too and both boards got tested for topspeed. The Falcon made it up to 57 km/h and the Ray up to 56 km/h. Seems like the fins work excellent.

In my opinion itīs a plus to get fins delivered with the board. You will have a fin, which fits in size and rake and the product itself fit sperfect in the tuttle/deeptuttle box.

In the top racing segment the PROs try everything out to get more speed out of their gear.
Some parts of the gear canīt be changed, some can. And fiins count to this changeable parts, same with masts, battons, bases, extensions, booms, harnesslines, harness, hooks, straps, wetsuit...

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 01:30 PM   #12
juan1

i have to say thay im pretty happy whith the Drakes of my board and I just try a deboichet same size of a friend and cant see the difference..
probably is that im not very sensitive or I dont take my board to the limits but im happy to learn from your coments and hve more confidence now on my fins, thanks and regards juan1
juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote