Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2008, 03:04 AM   #1
kernron
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21
Default I-To-I Postponed - Rescheduled Dec. 13-14

I-To-I Postponed - Rescheduled Dec. 13-14

Due to an underwhelming NOAA forecast for this weekend:

SATURDAY
SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS THROUGH
THE DAY.

SUNDAY
NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

I have decided with encouragement from many past and potential participants that the race should be postponed. The i-To-i race will be rescheduled for:

December 13-14, 2008.

Here's my logic. Almost all the models & forecasts pretty much agreed with NOAA's forecast for this weekend. My personal forecast would give a 40% chance to wind being 10-12 mph sideshore for a few hours on Saturday. Following the general longer range forecasts I found:

Dec 7, Sunday - North light

Dec 8, Monday - East low teens

Dec 9, Tuesday - SE high teens

Dec 10, Wednesday - S low 20's

Dec 11, Thursday - SSW teens

Dec 12, Friday - NW low teens

Dec 13, Saturday - N-NNE high teens

Dec 14, Sunday - ENE - mid teens

Dec 15, Monday - ENE - high teens

Dec 16, Tuesday - ENE 20

So, with all that in mind, my personal 40% chance is not great odds that the race would go off tomorrow especially with such a lousy NOAA forecast. Most people said, Dec. 13-14 can't be any worse, let's just move it. I agree. Even if the long range forecast slips or moves around I think the probability of great race conditions are better a week from now. So be it.

i-to-i race will be held December 13-14.

I'm excited. If the race is NE at 15-20 mph, I can't imagine it better. Let's keep our fingers crossed and treat the wind gods well this week.

You will want to show up. We received a huge pile of I-to-I Prizes by FedEx today.

See you in about a week! Clear your schedule for both days, but if the above comes close to happening, Saturday would be the pick. I'm open to lobbying for either day. Let me know. More as we get close to next weekend.

Later,

Ron

http://www.i-to-i.org
kernron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 04:50 PM.