Old 3rd January 2009, 12:20 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Windsurfing Asia

My family is relocating to China for the year and I'm looking to sail over Chinese New Year. Philippines and Thailand are not options. Does anyone suggest someplace that would be relatively easy to get to? We are considering Phan Thiet in Vietnam but it requires a 3.5 hour ride from Saigon... not sure that my 3 1/2 year old and husband are up for the treck. Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Chris Pressler

Hi,
Mui Ne/Phan Thiet fits perfect. There are many families and the infrastructure is great. Just contact Pascal from www.windsurf-vietnam.com and get a reservation for the Jibes and Fullmoon Resort. The ride from Ho Chi Minh City takes some time 3 - 5 hours, but the busses are fine. Pascal can help you with a reservation.

And the most important, the wind is great overthere packed with holiday feeling.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:11 PM   #3
Unregistered

China is a big country. Which part of China will you be living in? Most of the northern region is too cold for windsurfing during the CNY. I've been surfing the net looking for info about windsurfing in Sanya (Hainan) but to no avail. I don't think there is any 'decent' windsurfing rental equipment there. I'm planning to go there during the CNY holidays to check out the place. Living in Beijing has drastically reduced my water time

Mui Ne is one of the place you can consider but the ride is at least 4.5 hrs (not 3) and it can be a scary new experience for anyone who has not been to Vietnam before. You can also consider Penghu, Taiwan (the windiest place in Asia during this time of the year)
Old 4th January 2009, 04:54 AM   #4
SamSilver

Default Thank you

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm thinking of going to Vietnam and just breaking up the trip a bit. We've been before and I love it there...

I'll be in Beijing. Someone mentioned that you live there as well. Feel free to contact me if you want to commiserate about the lack of places to sail, feel free to contact me. FYI - while I haven't been to Hainan, I know people who have and it's not the "beach vacation" that it's rumored to be...
Thanks again all!

Last edited by SamSilver; 6th January 2009 at 07:08 AM.
SamSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 10:00 AM   #5
CAN-53

Thumbs up

Hi,

You can go to sail at Aloha Beach Club in Da Peng... it is near Shen Zheng, China, about 1 hrs drive from down town.

It is a great , safe, slalom type of sailing with sandy beach.

Please contact Sonia or Daniel for detail info... They have great rental equipments...not to mention great Italian pizza...

http://www.aloha-beach-club.net/

Happy sailing