Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 16th February 2009, 02:55 PM   #21
Klint

Where did the Chinook carbon extensions break?
Klint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 05:43 AM   #22
Unregistered

Smile

Yes you can downhaul the RSR with X6 extention by hand. I had a 6.7 and 8.4 RSR. Both I pulled down by wrapping the rope around a screw driver twice and simply pull. No need for winches or any of that sort of thing.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:59 AM   #23
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can downhaul the RSR with X6 extention by hand. I had a 6.7 and 8.4 RSR. Both I pulled down by wrapping the rope around a screw driver twice and simply pull. No need for winches or any of that sort of thing.
Ahhhhhhh !! I understand what you mean now!!!

I thought that you can downhaul with your BARE hands!

Of course, it is easy with a screwdriver!
Old 22nd February 2009, 05:18 PM   #24
Erik Loots

Send a message via MSN to Erik Loots

Hi,

On my speedsurfing blog I wrote a couple of articles about the Neilpryde MXT extension. I really like it but there are still some minor flaws.

Article 1, my thoughts
http://www.speedsurfingblog.com/2008...-extender.html

Article 2, some comments on design
http://www.speedsurfingblog.com/2009...t-comment.html

I hope you like the articles
Erik Loots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 05:34 PM   #25
Unregistered

do you think that the problem can be solved if I replace the spring inside adapter with a much stiffer one?

if I understand the design correctly, the spring inside adapter has to be soft enough to get adapter inside extension, but in this case, it is to soft to hold the pin safely.

maybe if I put extremely stiff spring (the one that I can hardly put adapter into the extension) it would hold the pin better?
Old 23rd February 2009, 07:09 PM   #26
Papounet

For the line...
Only 3.8/4.0 mm line on MXT

You can give money to Mr Pryde who bye it to Mr Marlow

Or directly to Mr Marlow

http://www.isthmussailboards.com/pro...sp?number=MWFE

But curiously, many French riders don't have 3.8 ( 12 spindles ), but 4.3 mm ( 16 spindles ) lines....
The same thing on grouped spécial commandes by 500/1500 m
Papounet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:32 PM   #27
nonopr

$9.00 US dollars for the 3 meters of rope from Neilpryde OR $5.90 for 3 meters of Marlow rope at .90 cents a foot.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 05:03 AM   #28
Unregistered

I thought "Formuline" from Monsieur Marlow was the best ?
Is Puerto Rico still in "feet" ?
Not many of us left these days !!!
Old 5th January 2011, 07:35 AM   #29
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
nonopr,
I am very surprised with your reply. Are you saying that the Streamlined quality is not very good? I have never heard any complaints about Streamlined so I would very much like to understand more information on this.
I have used a Streamlined extention and matching US cup base for a couple of years now. The problem I have had with the Streamlined base is that it distorts when downhauling my 10M sail. I use a winch to down haul this, and everything looks OK but I have a big struggle to insert the cup base into the extention.

On close inspection I find the extention has gone oval at the bottom and I can't get the US cup base inside. Very frustrating at the beach. In my experience, the Streamlined base and extention is suitable for 7.5 and smaller sails only.
Old 8th January 2011, 03:54 AM   #30
nakaniko

My poor experience, I have a lot of extensions since I used to keep one for each sail already set to the proper required lenght, all to save time and speed up rigging.
NP: very nice and snug fit, but if sand enter during rigging can be a problem when derigging, mast can remain locked in the mast base. But they are light and seems bombproof. On a 48 cm SDM extension I had some problem with the button of europin locking system, It tends to go out of the hole if its locking theet is loose and not correctly engaged (and be suddenly thrown away in the sand!). I.ve found myself outside of Bogo (DK) planning WITHOUT the rig fastened to the mastfoot!
Never owned a Streamlined, here they have huge reputation like their price, and I don't know if they make the euro-pin version.
Some doubts about the RDM Chinook I own, it doesn't accept longer North pin version, I had finally to cut it down; and therefore it has a too thick end cap that remained stuck and somewhat glued inside the bottom of my 430 FS Tidal Wave RDM, because of some sand, so now I wave to work hard for pushing it out from other side...

Last edited by nakaniko; 8th January 2011 at 03:56 AM.
nakaniko is offline   Reply With Quote