Old 13th February 2009, 01:29 PM   #11
macca18

No offence taken..... I did go to Batemans Bay last weekend (Batehaven) and it was great. Nice steady wind. Main problem was I wasnt used to the "rolling" sea water which made it a bit trickier. Best lesson I have learnt is, the sooner you get the board moving the easier. Saves spending the majority of the time trying to balance....
macca18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 05:51 PM   #12
macca18

Default Kode 122 as an intermediate board

Hey all. I have recently sold my Rio M, as I was hoping to pick up a 2009 Futura 133 in wood. I have been told by the local shop that they can't get one in and I would have to wait for a 2010 Futura 133 to come in around August. He did say that a 2009 Kode 122 was available (in wood I think). I realise they are completely different styles, but from what I have read, the Kode seems like the style I want to get into... eventually.

What I am concerned about is whether it is too big a jump from the Rio, given I cant water start and only really getting into the foot straps occasionally. I weigh around the 93-95kg mark, so 122 seems like its a little on the small side. Moving back to Newcastle on the coast in a few months so will get a lot nicer wind (than Canberra). Sail quiver is a 6.2 Charge and 7.0 Natural.

Thanks.
Old 10th April 2009, 11:30 AM   #13
macca18

Any thoughts... Roger? Does the Kode 122 sound like a reasonable choice?
Old 10th April 2009, 06:20 PM   #14
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Macca18,
At your weight, and with your sail sizes, I think you will have your hands full adjusting from the Rio M to the Kode 122, but this does not mean that you cannot learn to like the Kode.
If you are moving, perhaps it would be good to check with some more shops, in the new area, and see what they may be able to get for you.
At your weight, the Futura 133 sounds better, but a Futura 122 is perhaps an even better long term solution once you make the adjustment to a short board.
Hope this helps,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote