Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 5th April 2009, 07:28 AM   #11
Philsurf

Default Isonic 144 Fin Size

Tried a 56 Techtonics Mirage with a 10.0 Naish Stealth on my 2009 Isonic 144 and the board felt fast and controllable! Wind was about 12 knots and later picked up to 18 knots in which I got overpowered. Changed down to a 48 fin/ 8.4 NP RS and had a super session on this set-up. Love this board!
Philsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 11:50 AM   #12
pfaffi

Send a message via Skype™ to pfaffi

Hi stemeyer!
next time I will try the CR10 and will report my results. I dont think to need a lager fin than 52. The board width ofo is 57cm so out of my experiancce the max fin size will be 57-4cm=53.
BR pfaffi
pfaffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 01:21 AM   #13
pfaffi

Send a message via Skype™ to pfaffi

Code Red 10,0 (version with silver mast pocket) on iS144 is working fine but compared to my CR 9,0 (2008) I have not found any advantage in light winds. Maybe sail is outdated compared to newer models?! Test Partner was Chris (Pressler). Thanks!
pfaffi
pfaffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 02:10 PM   #14
mim

I use the 2009 iS 144 with Overdrive 10m2...I am 100kg dry...

I see that the sail for me works when the wind surely is over 10knots. Actually I thought I will be able to get off in something like 8knots...but it is impossible but I thing the fin (520) definetelly is not the problem.

I'll write more when the wind will be strong enough to test it properly.
Ciao Michal.
Old 26th April 2009, 04:20 AM   #15
Klint

Might be a bit offtopic but would be very interesting to learn more about bottom shapes on the larger iSonics such as 133 and 144. What was the bottom shape design philosophy when it comes to these larger models?

The reason why I'm asking is that it seems like bottom shape differs fundamentally throughout the iSonic range. For instance, my iS 86 from 2008 has a marked V along the entire rocker curve. The same goes for my iS 101 which in addition has a very shallow double concave along the entire board lenght.

I was a bit surprised when I measured my 2009 iS 133 and concluded it to have a mono concave (approx. 4 mm at its deepest point) up to the front footstraps and after that gradual V building up combined with double concaves. Would be interesting to know why the iS 133 has a mono concave in the rear and not a V along the entire board length like the smaller iSonics? Would also be grateful if somebody (Remi or Ian..?) could post specific key bottom shape measurments for the iS 133. Unfortunately there is hardly nothing mentioned in presentation material about undership details apart from wingers and cut outs.

thanks !

/ Andy
Klint is offline   Reply With Quote