Old 11th November 2008, 02:25 PM   #1
leysenkr

Default fins on futura 101 2009

The sailrange for this board written on the document for this board is 4,5 till 7,5. The finrange in this document is 28 til 40 cm. Delivered you get a 34cm fin.
Which fins do you recommend for which sail or conditions?
In the movie (futura) + and -2cm is recommended.

Is it possible to explain this finrange?

Kind regards
Kris
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 08:58 AM   #2
PrydeMan

Kris,

I have a Futura 111 and 93 2009 models. I was lucky enough to get the reds ones.
With regards to fins I have only sailed these boards a couple of times each, but I have had luck in find out suitable fins. Here are my findings so far.

Futura 111
8.0m Cambered FreeRace 42cm Curtis Race
7.5m Cambered FreeRace 41cm Select RS7
7.0m Cambered FreeRace 39cm Select SL7

Futura 93
6.7m FreeRace 37cm Select SL7
6.2m FreeRace 35cm Select SL7 for flat water and 32cm Select Super Cross for more chop
5.7m FreeRace 30cm Select Super Cross

Please note the above is a guide and that you should switch to next size down fin if the winds picks up. Having multiple fins for your board is the best option for comfortable and fun sailing. Plus make sure you get a fin that suits the style of sailing and conditions you sail in.

Regards,
Stephen
PrydeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 02:06 AM   #3
leysenkr

Would a 37 SL be a good choice in addition to the original 34cm? Will the S-ride or de SX 31cm be the best choice?

Greets
Old 6th February 2009, 08:15 AM   #4
PrydeMan

My sails have now changed to only a 7.5m and 6.5m V8s. Both red, which matches my red Futura's. I have sailed my F111 a lot over teh first half of summer here in Melbourne with the 7.5 using an adjustable out haul. I find the 39cm perfect for my F111 for most conditions with the 7.5m and I tend to only use the 41cm when its light. I am now using a 6.5m V8 with the F93. Once again the 35cm is the most used and the 37cm is more for light winds and the 32cm supper cross for chopper conditions.

I donít like the Drake fins that came with the Futuraís. I prefer a more up right slalom fin for the bigger sails. This type of fin allows the Futura to go up wind with easy and better control. Well at least under my 11" feet. When the water gets choppy I switch to a super cross fin. This is usually about 20+ knots. Plus i have the F93 foot straps set in bound to counter for the choppy water. With this set up I nicked name my F93 Mosses. As the F93 parts the sea and makes it flat.

For a F101 I would have Select SL7 39cm for light winds, SL7 35cm for Most days and Super Cross 32cm for real choppy conditions, but this does depend on what sail types and conditions you sail in and what you want out the board. I wanted a fast but controllable Course slalom board for my F111 and a fast but controllable slalom board for my F93. I have achieved this with my fin and sail selection.
PrydeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 11:06 PM   #5
leysenkr

Thank you!
Old 14th March 2009, 06:39 PM   #6
KJO

question for prydeman.

Whats your V8's go like? are they 2009 models?

did you consider a hellcat for the F93?

Be interested to hear your views

KJ
KJO is offline   Reply With Quote