Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 3rd April 2009, 05:34 PM   #11
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Next time, dont blame it on your equipment, get a good start and apply tactics and strategy to win the game.
+1
can't say it in a better way!
Old 4th April 2009, 03:01 AM   #12
michelb

Send a message via MSN to michelb

And stop that crazy race to change all your equipment every time that something new appears..... If you are not pro then give your kit a couple of seasons ( 40 or more sessions) and you will find that all is TOW.

Saludos,

Michel
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 03:41 PM   #13
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi All,

Do you think that is normal that Formula Windsurfing Class who is a production class can used prototype fins who cost more than the board?

Before the price was under 300€ and right now is a money game by only one who don't care about the futur of the class, who make many racers frustrating and leave the class, do you think is the way to go?

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 06:59 PM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
Hi All,

Do you think that is normal that Formula Windsurfing Class who is a production class can used prototype fins who cost more than the board?

Before the price was under 300 and right now is a money game by only one who don't care about the futur of the class, who make many racers frustrating and leave the class, do you think is the way to go?

All the best
Nothing wrong with using prototypes in that class. There are others classes using only production gear.

As for the price well the guy or guys making these fins are not stupid, it's that expensive cause there is a market!

The stupidity comes when racers leave the class cause of this. No need to buy the latest etc, once again TOW and getting properly set up with your kit!
Old 5th April 2009, 10:46 PM   #15
Unregistered

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
Hi All,

Before the price was under 300 and right now is a money game by only one who don't care about the futur of the class, who make many racers frustrating and leave the class, do you think is the way to go?

All the best
I think it's normal for companies like debocheit (and remi who represents them) to be fustrated because other fin makers are taking a market share in what used to be a monopoly.
Remi and others, if you don't like the situation, try developing a better fin.
This is the open market. The formula class voted 2x now to keep fins unrescricted.
Was dell mad because apple made better computers and sold them at a higher price?
Probably but they either choose to respond or lose out
Old 6th April 2009, 07:00 PM   #16
Papounet

FW still a market for Deboichet !!!

I don't think so...

Thousand's of slalom boards to equip, that's a nice one...
Papounet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 01:54 PM   #17
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Unregistered,

I think you completelly miss the point, first I am nor represeted Deboichet, but the most important is not here.

We receave many complain already about racers who think that start to be a money game. So the class is not any more accessible. And all the board manufacture are agree on this. If people don't beleave in the class, people will leave it and board manufacture will sell less.

With the crisis today even in Formula 1 and Moto Gp they reduce a lot on tire and many other things. And I think our sport need the same. May be production fin who are deliver with the board will be a good idea, this fin of course will come from Fins compagny at a resonable price to make all racers happy. In any case the best racer will stay the best one but will beleive in the class again and don't leave.

Hope you understand my point now.

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 07:04 PM   #18
Unregistered

Default Formula is expensive with or with out a good fin!

Take a look at prices of the rest of the kit, maybe $1000 for a fin is not out of line.

http://www.mauimalones.com/windsurfingsails.html

Sail ~$1100

http://www.neilprydemaui.com/items.php?id=218
Boom ~$1300-1400
Mast ~$1000 -1200

http://www.mauimalones.com/formulaboards.html
Board ~$2000

Other
harness ~$150
Wetsuit ~$400
mast base ~$100
UJ ~$75
Travel to an event and registration and lodging ???

1 kit with no spares, no fin, no event

over $6000

and who has one mast/boom/sail... many guys have more than one board.

FE is the way to go if you want to save some money.

formula still rocks my world
Old 8th April 2009, 12:18 AM   #19
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Take a look at prices of the rest of the kit, maybe $1000 for a fin is not out of line.

Sail ~$1100

http://www.neilprydemaui.com/items.php?id=218
Boom ~$1300-1400
Mast ~$1000 -1200

http://www.mauimalones.com/formulaboards.html
Board ~$2000

Other
harness ~$150
Wetsuit ~$400
mast base ~$100
UJ ~$75
Travel to an event and registration and lodging ???

1 kit with no spares, no fin, no event

over $6000

and who has one mast/boom/sail... many guys have more than one board.

FE is the way to go if you want to save some money.

formula still rocks my world

Wow, you come from a very expensive place, because the prices you are mentioning are way smaller in fact...and on the other side, do you know how much costs a new Kashi (I think the latest priec is around 1500Euro, that would make 2200 USD).

let's be honest, some fins for FW are extremely expensive compared to what we all are used to from slalom and freeride...(I means price ration between the rest of the gear and the fin).

But i do not say that one fin solution is good, the idea with one design was nice, but i would mind to have both class existing in the same time (FW and FOD).

Ciao Michal.
Old 8th April 2009, 01:33 AM   #20
pfaffi

Send a message via Skype™ to pfaffi

Hi jerorenmarcia!
Dont make to much secret and mystic for that Kashy fins. In our region people who own one/more are defenitely at the same level as before on Debos or Huricans or....
Formula sucess is driven by a view factors: go for much more training, find best trim and setup of your stuff with your friends, look for tactics, train starting......
(Our races are won from people who know their stuff like nothing else, spend much much time on water and are superb in tactics)
br pfaffi
pfaffi is offline   Reply With Quote