Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 13th April 2009, 08:59 PM   #1
agrelon

Default Which iSonic?

I was wondering which iSonic board would be best for me. I weight just over 50kg and I'm 5,6 (165cm) and the sail I use is 6m. Which one would be floaty enough to take out in very light wind, and stable, but without compromising performance when it is windy? (basically with which board would I sink with no wind?)
agrelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 03:39 AM   #2
mark h

Hi, at 50kg your lucky enough to use the iS76 (80+ litres) without sinking, 6m would be a nice "one size for all" and will still be fun when the wind picks up..

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 11:07 AM   #3
agrelon

Great thanks! Yeah because recently i tried my friends Bic 110 and I wasn't sinking on that so yeah.
agrelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Annika

Hi Agrelon,
I'm a few kilos heavier than you and use the iSonic 76 as my main board here in WA, especially with my 6.1 and smaller sails.
It planes early for it's size (for me it needs around 15kt), and I can easily uphaul on it if the wind drops (it won't sink you). It also has good control in the stronger winds.

But mostly it comes down to the wind at your location. If your normal conditions are over 15-17kt and sometimes sailing in lighter winds then I would get the 76. If the normal conditions are less than 15-17kt with the occassionally stronger winds I would go for the 86 to get planning a little bit earlier. The 86 still has very good control in the stronger winds.

Hope that helps,
Annika
Annika is offline   Reply With Quote