Old 5th April 2009, 11:35 PM   #1
alexciacs

Default boom

what do you think about chinook boom for slalom sails?
alexciacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 09:10 AM   #2
wiindz

how big slalom sails, which one of chinook's booms?
wiindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Mike T

Alexciacs
I think the Chinook triple clamp carbon booms are great. They are light weight Stiff and they have good adjustable range. I have a 170cm-236cm slalom bend with the continious rear tail piece. I can rig my biggest sail An 8.5 down to a 5.5 on the same booms. Then I use the carbon Wave booms for 135cm to 185cm for the small wave sails.
The other thing is if you where to break one of the arms you can replace them very easily by removing a couple of screws and put in a new tube. I also like the small diameter grip (1 1/8" grip). Just my two sent. Good luck Mike
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 01:30 AM   #4
steveC

No slight against Chinook booms, but you might want to check out the Maui Sails Carbon Slalom boom before making a decision. Arguably the best front end in the business, and the boom body and tail body are monocoque designs that include no bond joints or connecting screws. The Maui Sails booms are more expensive, but I think that they're really worth it.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 04:56 AM   #5
nonopr

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveC View Post
No slight against Chinook booms, but you might want to check out the Maui Sails Carbon Slalom boom before making a decision. Arguably the best front end in the business, and the boom body and tail body are monocoque designs that include no bond joints or connecting screws. The Maui Sails booms are more expensive, but I think that they're really worth it.
I also recommend to do that. The best boom right now. They are just getting a new shipment in Maui this week.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote