Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 12th May 2009, 11:39 PM   #11
andretsin

Send a message via MSN to andretsin

I'm lucky and I live next to a wave sailing spot. So, of course, my favorite is wavesailing. But I have to tell you that I also like longboarding in any condition. I practise it every weekend if there are no wave conditions. And i like it almost as much as wavesailing.
I also like all the other disciplines, but most of them are included for me in longboard, so I have all of them in one board (formula, slalom, racing, longboard).
I don't practise freestyle. I would like to know some tricks but i'm not interested in learing them ?
andretsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 07:38 AM   #12

These days, I prefer longboarding; cruising, racing, freestyle, instruction, etc. I love the sociability, the versatility, the feel and beauty of being able to sail in all winds, the challenge and the complexity of the sailing you can do on the simplest of gear.

May get back into waves and slalom this year, but not seriously because the logistics are just too difficult these days. Then again, since I'm about to head off for another bunch of X-rays about an old forward-looping injury that's still a major problem, I might be biased!
Old 14th May 2009, 06:21 AM   #13
mark h

Wished I had a local wave sailing spot, I could have learnt to wave sail properly. I always seem to get port tack conditions when Im on my holidays and and end up looking like a clown!!! Living near West Kirby speed course means speed boards & slalom are like A1 for me

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 06:53 PM   #14
Waiting4wind

Smile

Slalom and Wave

Slalom - big rangy sail, being on the edge, going flat out, everything maxed out...love it.

Waves - just fun and often excited / scary....smashing through some white water and surviving, anticipating the wave jacking up behind you, carving and slashing and not to mention, often crashing.....and thinking.. what the hell just happened.
Waiting4wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 08:28 AM   #15
fran4065

Raceboard and wave; if not... just surfing on 6'4 to 7'8 on 3 to 15 feet waves
Did not practice wave during the last 10 years, before: 10 years on waves every week
(Tiga epoxy wave, tri concave: fantastic board; Light Wave single fin: magic board; F2 wave; and following: various local shapes... but my favorites were the two first boards...)
and before: 10 years on windsurf contests from the original "windsurf" to the Crit D2
Restart 4 months ago on Raceboard: a very big chalenge: very technical, and full of pleasure: I never had such a feeling that I have to improve to reach the full potential of the board: after 4 months and 12 sessions I am only using 2/3 of the stuff potential, gaining the last 1/3 will be a full dream!
I agree 100% with Andretsin!
fran4065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 10:33 AM   #16
Del Carpenter

Racing longboards is my favorite windsurfing. I'm not especially good at racing, but racing is my best chance to have other windsurfers around and to learn something. Leaving wind to find windsurfers is worthwhile for me because there are so few windsurfers where I normally sail.
Del Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 03:09 AM   #17
alwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_windsurfer View Post
would like to know what favorite boards are as well :-)

for me longboarding on the lake - any windspeeds BIC Dufour Wing
and trying to blast on FW board on flat to mild chop on St Lawrence Canada
heavyweight 100 kg on 160 liter AHD FF - biggest sail is 8.5 for now - no more $$$$
saving for bigger sail and/or Futura 133
Yo Joe the windsurfer,

Just to make you more excited, the Futura 133 is great.... best buy in his class so good choice, I had the 2008 one which I exchanged for the 2009 version which is even better. Great top speed. It is worth your saved money and also it helps to get the world economy out of the crisis, keep spending... I am sailing it with the NP Hellcat and the V6.

Regards,
Alwin
alwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:23 AM   #18
eli villalabeitia

Default best windsurf

The best windsurf is what the conditions dictate, Formula for light wind, freeride when is up and Bump and jump for adrenaline, in fact the best is not seatting on the beach.
eli villalabeitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:12 PM   #19
Ken

Well said eli,

I see it exactly the same way. If there were waves anywhere around, I am sure that I would enjoy that aspect as well.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 02:24 AM   #20
jonthesailorman

freestyle anybody?

lightwind highwind whatever, freestyle in any of its forms is were its at. the flatter the better in my opinion. if not then full on waves or swollen river swell