Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 21st May 2009, 09:13 PM   #1
Marko

Default Futura93 registered as ISAF slalom board?

Is there any chance that you will register futura 93 (or some similar 2010 board) for ISAF slalom production board? I remember stype was registered 2 years ago.

Most slalom racing venues in my country where we can get some very strong wind are extremely gusty and extremely choppy. Very hard steep chop that you get with offshore winds blowing 30+ knots.

I find that my isonic101 07 is easier for me to handle in those conditions than narrower slalom boards, but I guess that futura93 would be even easier and faster?

How fast is futura93 anyway with 5.5 racing sail and deboichet SL4 34 fin? Can it compete with slalom boards in choppy waters? What about flat water?

Thanks
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Chris Pressler

I guess the Futura 93 is competitive, but feels relatively small.
The board is a medium to high wind freeride speedmachine, I would say. For sure you will have fun on a Slalom course with this board.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 02:01 PM   #3
Marko

Thanks Chris!

I would use Futura93 only in very strong wind slalom racing with 5.5.
Do you remember Hallowind 2007 slalom with strong bura wind (30-40knots)? I think you were on is87 and that you won most races. Do you think that fu93 would be fast enough in those conditions and much easier to control/jibe than isonic?

Thanks
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Chris Pressler

Hi Marko,
yes, it was windy this time, I can remember. The board would work excellent in this bump and jump conditions and you can use no cam sails. I can remember testing the board in Vietnam in February with a Gator 6,5. The speed was amazing and the board felt very free and was easy to jibe.
You will like it.
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote