Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 31st July 2009, 12:55 AM   #11
leysenkr

Hello Mario

I also needed 2 days to get used to it. But those 2 days are worth it, now I already had 7 months off fun! I surfed for 2 days in knee deep water but i wasn't able to water start very well at that point. You don't "surf" much but swim a lot those 2 days but the 3th day is the scary (fast!!) day and after that only having fun. You are already able to water start so you will be quicker then me.

I have 2 extra fins on that board. For my 7m a 37cm (my favorite combination) and for my 5,3m a 31cm but i did not get the trim wright yet. I also use the 37cm when i surf my 6m on the lower wind end.

Concerning the volume, I think it is the perfect volume for future fun. If you would have bought yourself the 111L your 130L will be to close and you would need 2 more boards for high wind conditions.
My future quiver will be +-122L, 101L and 75L (Quad) or 80L (Kode). I hope to cover a lot off surfing days with these 3 boards. I think I will also go for the Kode because the Quad is new and still needs to prove it's quality and as a beginner I wan't to make a save buy because I already spent a lot on equipment the last 3 years and can't afford a buy I regret.

Last edited by leysenkr; 31st July 2009 at 01:14 AM.
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 01:26 AM   #12
mario.milhazes

Hi Leysenkr

Thanks for your reply.
In my spot we only have knee deep for the first 2 meters of the beach...then its always deep....so i have to waterstart or uphaul....or i will be swimming for a long time to get back.

You are right on about buying the right stuff ann not buying wrong boards or sizes because we are not pros and cant afford all this purchasing.

Im trying to get my quiver right on the first time and im also thinking like you when it comes to boards Isonic 122, Futura 101 and Kode 80.

Im also getting some sails together: Now i have Neilpryde V6 8.0m and 7.0m and nelipryde Solo 6m and 5m .

In the Fin field i was thinking in getting a 38 and a 30 for extra fins, do you use select or drake fins?

Thanks again for being nice and replying to my posts.

You can see some photos from our spot in North of Portugal in:

http://mmilhazes.windsurfing.pro/
http://picasaweb.google.pt/home
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 01:34 AM   #13
leysenkr

I use Select fins. They feel like a hot knife going through butter. So sweet, so smooth. That is the reason that I use the 37cm on the low wind end with my 6m. If the wind gets stronger I have to use the standard 34cm fin.
I have a 8,5m;7m;6m;5,3m;4,5m.

It looks pretty flat so up hauling will not be a problem. It only becomes a problem of you start to have waves.
Old 4th August 2009, 01:29 AM   #14
mario.milhazes

Hi Leysenkr

One last question, you board is Futura 2008 or 2009?
Thanks
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 04:18 AM   #15
leysenkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario.milhazes View Post
Hi Leysenkr

One last question, you board is Futura 2008 or 2009?
Thanks
It's a 2009.

Greetz