Go Back   Starboard Forums > Kevin`s Corner

Old 16th February 2007, 10:24 PM   #1
slick

Default My next board-help Kevin!

Dear Kevin,

First of all, congratulations on your latest World Cup results with your Starboard et Maui Sails equipment. I am not the groupie type but such a comeback is pretty amazing with the very high skill level out there especially with all the young guns who eat winsurfing for breakfast, lunch dinner and dream about it at night.

I am the proud owner of a Carve 123 that's been on the water for years and shows normal signs of fatigue but still works very well. I would like to buy a 9.0m2 rig in order to increase my time on the water and would like to buy a more recent shape.

I am a competent windsurfer (depending on your definition of competent) Planing gybes, small jumps are not a problem anymore and I am renowned to be quite fast (ok, I admit it, my weight helps) in my local spot and would like to keep it that way.

I weigh 91kg, 5'9''. I sail mostly on lakes with chop, some of it looks more like stucco than chop. I would like to use the board for light winds between 9.0m2 and 7.6 m2. I would go to my 102 liters for 6.5m2 conditions or 7.6m2 overpowered. My other boards include 102 liters cross-over, 88 liters freewave, 78 liter wave.

What would be my best buy for 2007 to pin a 9.0m2 freerace sail on it?

I am looking at the iSonics 122 and 133 or the S-types of equivalent volume. My main focus is speed, early planing (this is going to be my lightwind board) and control in disorganized chop.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely,

David.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 04:05 AM   #2
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Default RE: My next board-help Kevin!

David,

Thanks!! I think for your best choice would be the 133 Stype. The Stypes are my most favorite board in the line up and I am sure you will enjoy it alot on the 133.

Maybe try out the MS 2 9.0..

Hope this helps.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 12:00 PM   #3
slick

Thanks for your answer Kevin. The S-type 133 does not exist. Did you mean iSonic 133 or S-type 137?

Dave
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 08:00 AM   #4
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Yeah sorry for the typo. The 137 Stype.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote