Go Back   Starboard Forums > Windsurfing School

Old 20th August 2006, 11:14 PM   #1
Dieseljoe

Send a message via MSN to Dieseljoe Send a message via Yahoo to Dieseljoe
Default Thank's for helping out.

Hello Roger!
Thank's for helping me out at the Canadian Hole an other day.two days ago.More like to help everyone on the beach with advices.
(Roger geared up the right way my sail, toght me some tricks,also came after me when I was in deep trouble out in the water.)
I see you at the Atlantic City demo day. I need a new harness and a bigger sail. What type of harness would be proper for my 230 pounds?
Joseph
Dieseljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 05:11 AM   #2
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Default RE: Thank's for helping out.

Hi Joe,
I didn't really "come after you" so to speak, but whenever I see someone down in the water for more time that it takes to waterstart or uphaul, I kinda just go by and check. Funny stuff happens out on the water, especially when it's deep. So using the "buddy system" really works. Fortunately it was only a simply mast disconnect (which I may have caused by not fully clipping in your Chinook adapter) but getting a mast foot reconnected on a Rio Large in deep water is sure no fun.
I'd suggest a seat type harness (if you don't already have one) for use on your Rio L.
You will soon be out in the footstraps, all the way back and flying over the water, and for a larger rig, and the big wide board, I think a seat harness works the best.
If you aren't getting hooked in all the time, maybe get a waist harness as well as they are a bit easier to learn with.
Hope this helps,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote