Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 11th September 2009, 07:46 PM   #11
van

Hi Mario

Although I understand where you are coming from on this issue, personally I prefer a white bottom board as most repairs in my experience happen on the bottom and it's easier to repair and for the repair made not show rather than a colored bottom board.

Having said that this is not the issue here and boards should be sold as advertised. I hope you sort this out and although of course initially we have to go through the dealer, we all know dealers will be dealers, and at the end of the day it all comes down to the relationship you have with them. Starboard is responsible in supplying the dealers with wrong colored boards and should put things straight.
van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:40 PM   #12
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by van View Post
Hi Mario

Although I understand where you are coming from on this issue, personally I prefer a white bottom board as most repairs in my experience happen on the bottom and it's easier to repair and for the repair made not show rather than a colored bottom board.

Having said that this is not the issue here and boards should be sold as advertised. I hope you sort this out and although of course initially we have to go through the dealer, we all know dealers will be dealers, and at the end of the day it all comes down to the relationship you have with them. Starboard is responsible in supplying the dealers with wrong colored boards and should put things straight.
Hi Van

You are very right that repairing a white board is much easier than a coloured one.
But when i first looked at a red futura with its red bottom i loved it and said this is my next board!!!
Now i get a futura with a white bottom...what a dissapointment.....

The board sails very well.....high end speed and lots of control, i love it but that bottom white makes me feeling....that this is not 100% perfect!!
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:43 PM   #13
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by leysenkr View Post
I would also feel ripped off if this would happen to me. Is there any other way to distinguish a 2008 from a 2009 board?

But how is it sailing Mario?
Hi leysenkr

Like you said....the board is very fast and scary...but very good...best board i ever got on....only if the colour came out right i would be 100% satisfied!!

Thanks for asking
Old 11th September 2009, 11:07 PM   #14
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Mario
Is the colour the only problem ??? You sound very agrieved ; white bottom ??? Try sunbathing ????
Hey

What is your problem???
Please show some respect for other peoples problems!!
Old 12th September 2009, 04:26 AM   #15
Floyd

Cool

Mario
First of all ; it was a poor attempt at humour. Apologies.

Second
You haven`t really got a problem !!!! The bottom of your board is white !!! It doesn`t really rate as one of life`s disasters does it ????

The performance; durability value and even aesthetics are totally unaffected.
If the board sails as expected; weighs within its limits and is free from defects I dont think you have any complaint....
Besides I assume you picked the board up from dealer ??? When did you notice colour ????
IMO (if you were unhappy with colour) you should have returned board immediately (or not taken it ?)
I`m not a great fan of some of Starboard`s policies and have criticised them myself on this very forum but in this case I cant see you really have any reason for complaint. (Unless the board is older than specified or faulty; you have not indicated either) Sorry
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 01:15 PM   #16
leysenkr

Quote:
Mario
First of all ; it was a poor attempt at humour. Apologies.

Second
You haven`t really got a problem !!!! The bottom of your board is white !!! It doesn`t really rate as one of life`s disasters does it ????

The performance; durability value and even aesthetics are totally unaffected.
If the board sails as expected; weighs within its limits and is free from defects I dont think you have any complaint....
Besides I assume you picked the board up from dealer ??? When did you notice colour ????
IMO (if you were unhappy with colour) you should have returned board immediately (or not taken it ?)
I`m not a great fan of some of Starboard`s policies and have criticised them myself on this very forum but in this case I cant see you really have any reason for complaint. (Unless the board is older than specified or faulty; you have not indicated either) Sorry
Hello Floyd

some humour, that is exactly his question!!

Mario

Does the underside looks like:

http://2008.star-board.com/2008/page...s/v_futura.php
2D picture

Greetz

Last edited by leysenkr; 12th September 2009 at 01:17 PM.
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 03:56 PM   #17
Floyd

Cool

leysenkr

I assume from your comments that if you were a manufacturer you would now supply (entirely at your own cost) a new board with a red bottom and in its place take back a perfectly good (but now second hand) board of identical specification ; purely because dealer/ customer did not communicate ?????

I agree its not funny !!! This (IMO) is simply not a Warrany claim. If it becomes a successful one its at the cost to rest of buying public and to some with genuine warranty claims.

(Still think Sunbathing to get a red bottom was funny but the attempt at a claim isn`t !!!!)

Good luck though Mario ... You never know ????
Old 12th September 2009, 04:00 PM   #18
Floyd

Cool

PS
"Like you said....the board is very fast and scary...but very good...best board i ever got on....only if the colour came out right i would be 100% satisfied!!"

??????
The base is wrong colour ?????
Old 12th September 2009, 04:14 PM   #19
mim

In some other threads me and Floyd are like a day and night (or night and day...not to push someone on the dark side of things)...but on this one I have exactly the same opinion...especially on the pre-previous one!

Mario, go out and sail it...even with white bottom...am sure that the wind will blow this out of your mind.

Ciao M.
Old 12th September 2009, 04:53 PM   #20
leysenkr

Quote:
leysenkr

I assume from your comments that if you were a manufacturer you would now supply (entirely at your own cost) a new board with a red bottom and in its place take back a perfectly good (but now second hand) board of identical specification ; purely because dealer/ customer did not communicate ?????

I agree its not funny !!! This (IMO) is simply not a Warrany claim. If it becomes a successful one its at the cost to rest of buying public and to some with genuine warranty claims.

(Still think Sunbathing to get a red bottom was funny but the attempt at a claim isn`t !!!!)

Good luck though Mario ... You never know ????
Your assumption is one off the possibilities but it is not the only possible one. So your assumption is incomplete.

What I assume is that deviant colours mostly indicate other differences such as model year (250€ difference). But the indication from Mim will clear that out. If you sell products through marketing (new colours but same shape f.e.), you must be able to handle marketing to come back to you sometimes.

Are you a dealer then Floyd? Because the question of Mario can only be answered by a Starboard member.

Last edited by leysenkr; 12th September 2009 at 05:01 PM.
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote