Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 12th September 2009, 05:23 PM   #21
Floyd

Leysenkr

We do not need to be dealers to express opinions. Mario states only "problem" is wrong colour on base. That is not a problem. (obviously IMO)

If dealers/manufacturers swapped boards on such issues in these circumstances (ie board has been used; so it wasn`t such a problem) they would soon be bankrupt ; or have to charge far more for their products. Either way sailors suffer.

And no I`m not a dealer but used to be !!!! BTW are you ?????

Just enjoy the board.
(PS there are many arguments for a white base)
a) White is more stable. (Less likely to fade. Guess the worst colour ? Red)
b) White is easier to colour match, for repairs.
c) White reflects more heat away.
d) White is faster. (???? Honest)
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 05:53 PM   #22
John Kemsley

Being totally unbiased, if I ordered something in a certain colour and when it arrived it was different from that advertised I think I would feel agrieved. However as the board seems fine maybe there is a middle ground here - maybe SB should provide a free board bag??

John
John Kemsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 05:59 PM   #23
leysenkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Leysenkr

We do not need to be dealers to express opinions. Mario states only "problem" is wrong colour on base. That is not a problem. (obviously IMO)

If dealers/manufacturers swapped boards on such issues in these circumstances (ie board has been used; so it wasn`t such a problem) they would soon be bankrupt ; or have to charge far more for their products. Either way sailors suffer.

And no I`m not a dealer but used to be !!!! BTW are you ?????

Just enjoy the board.
(PS there are many arguments for a white base)
a) White is more stable. (Less likely to fade. Guess the worst colour ? Red)
b) White is easier to colour match, for repairs.
c) White reflects more heat away.
d) White is faster. (???? Honest)
I'm no dealer. But this is definately a question to starboard members from a customer. And yes i'm a satisfied customer who would also be aggrieved when receiving an other version (looking more like previous version) than showed in the brochures! You can only find in the 2008 brochures boards with white bottom, you can't find anywhere pictures from a 2009 version with white bottom.

Please first read my post and try to understand before you react. If you buy a product, you buy marketing, if you sell marketing to get a higher price, you must also be able to handle some backfire from this marketing part. 'A' till 'D' has nothing to do with this!

Last edited by leysenkr; 12th September 2009 at 06:04 PM.
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 06:46 PM   #24
Ola_H
TEAM

Just to put one thing straight, the serial no of Marios board clearly indicates it is a 2009 board (made in january 2009, so a rather late batch).

What is still unclear to me is if the 2009 red Futura is somewhere advertised as having a red bottom, if 2009 Futuras come with both white and red bottoms and if so, wether this alternates within batches or if (for example) the red bottom was found not to be particularly good so the bottom was changed to a white one (which manufacturers pretty much always reserve the right to do, without notice).

My position with Starboards is such that I don't have insight in these things - I only do some forum work, you know. I would still want Mario to walk away from this satisfied though. But that said, my personal belief is that it is still a matter between Mario and his dealer. And as someone indicated above, it is a bit of a stretch to see this as a warranty issue unless there is in fact something wrong with the board (like if the bottom was for example just forgotten when painting).
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 12:49 AM   #25
mario.milhazes

Hi Everyone

Sorry for being so nervous and not acepting your jokes....but this is a case of feeling that a company doesnt treats the clientes as they deserve.

Ive sailed the board and i like i very much, best board ever, but i want an answer from the manufacturer of the board.......what im dissapointed is that nor the dealer nor the manufacturer says nothing about this issue!! The only thing that the dealer says that he sells what starboard sends him.

When i ordered the board i told the dealer that i wanted a RED one and had to wait for 2 weeks because he didnt have it in stock, i could have bought the 2008 model for less 200€ but i prefered to pay more for the board of my dreams......the 2009 Futura 101L all RED as seen on the beach and on catalogs!!

When you look at catalogs (http://www.isthmussailboards.com/pro...p?number=SB9FU) you can see that the bottom is red.....in in 2 or 3 years if i want to resell the board do you think that the people wont think that this board has been repaired because its white on the bottom.....so for sure i will loose money!!

I love starboard boards.....very easy to sail and very pretty, i was already negociating with my dealer to buy a Kode 86L and a Isonic 121L at the end of this year, but with this issue im thinking twice because i cant see any kind of answers coming back when something goes wrong.

When you spend your money, that you had to work hard to gain it, on a product you are after a quality product but also after a good post customer service from the manufactur that meaning the you will have some kind of feedback if you have a complaint.

In my country, Portugal, some companies are banned out of the market if they dont have an efficent customer service, we have a public departament where you can expose what happend and if the company doesnt reply it will be banned from selling there products, thats happening to a lot to asiatic companies (chinese most of all).

As i truly believe that Starboard is not like this i deserve an answer from them because the dealer says he sells what they send him!!

Im not against starboard.....i just want some feedback and justification why this happens!!

Good sailing to all!!

Last edited by mario.milhazes; 13th September 2009 at 12:52 AM.
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 04:49 AM   #26
Maximus

If you were so worried about the colour of the boards bottom, then why did you pick the board up from your dealer? You should have advised him to order another!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 05:12 AM   #27
Screamer

A few simple questions:

Why did you accept the board in the first place if you weren't satisfied with what you've got?
And then why you've sailed it (so it's not new anymore)?
How can you use it and only AFTER you've used it you demand explanation?

Maybe you could have answered these questions before threatening with a lawsuit, because your public department might ask you the same.

Yes it's red in some shop's catalogue. So what. Was it red on official website/official catalogue? Not sure. There's usually a disclaimer (when selling almost anything), that says "...reserve the right to change details without notice etc..." or similar.

Let's start a whole new forum on the subject of red bottoms ffs

Last edited by Screamer; 13th September 2009 at 05:36 AM.
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 02:46 PM   #28
leysenkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
A few simple questions:

Why did you accept the board in the first place if you weren't satisfied with what you've got?

Maybe you could have answered these questions before threatening with a lawsuit, because your public department might ask you the same.

Yes it's red in some shop's catalogue. So what. Was it red on official website/official catalogue? Not sure. There's usually a disclaimer (when selling almost anything), that says "...reserve the right to change details without notice etc..." or similar.

It is red in SOME catalogue??? It is red in ALL videos and ALL catalogue!! That is a major difference!

If I would buy myself a second hand 2009 starboard with a white bottom i won't belief the person that it would be a 2009!! Because i can't find anywhere on the internet a 2009 version with white bottom!!
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 02:41 AM   #29
Floyd

Cool

With all due respect think the whole premis of this thread is rather childish. !!!
To allow the colour of base of board to affect ones attitude towards that board is nonesense and then to let it detract from your enjoyment is even worse !!!!
Like quite a few on thread have said, if Mario felt so strongly about colour he should not have used board. To complain after using it; and then blame #B for not doing anything is petty.

Just sail and enjoy the board ; if its the only complaint you`ve obviously bought correct board !!!!

BTW. Where is information/evidence to suggest a white based board is less valueable 2nd hand ???? Its just bending truth to suit argument..I`ve sold/traded probably hundreds of boards. Neither a customer or dealer has ever suggested this to be case !!! Second hand boards are valued on condition not colour !!! (Thankfully)
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 04:43 AM   #30
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
A few simple questions:

Hey

I complained at the moment i opened the board at the dealer....i told him that the board should be red on bottom and i didnt want it.

But he told me to pay the board, take it and use it that he was going to solve the problem,....but after 3 weeks no reply from him or starboard.

I dont want a board replacement because i used the board already and like it.
What i want is a ANSWER and EXPLANATION from the manufacture!!!!!

Just that, i think that i have that right!!!

Last edited by mario.milhazes; 15th September 2009 at 04:42 AM.
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote