Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 11th September 2009, 10:15 PM   #11
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola_H View Post
Mario, the problem here is that we don't know that the board is not correct. I have not even seen where it is stated that the board should have a red bottom.
Hi Ola_H

As stated befor ive seen red bottoms on the beach and at on-line catalogs.
So or my board with white bottom is wrong or the boards with red bottom are wrong???

Something is happening and i would like an answer from the manufacturer of the boards........because the dealer told me that he justs sells what starboard sends him.
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 11:57 PM   #12
mark h

Hi Mario
Not sure how you'd resolve this one. As Ola said, SB do not specify a "red bottom" (or white) on there web site and there are no pictures of "red bottoms" on the site or in the new brochures. I guess its a case of SB reserve the rights to alter "spec & colours". Did you specifically request a "red bottom" from your dealer? Any way, "red bottoms" are usually only seen on baboons)

Hope you get sorted out.

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 12:02 AM   #13
Unregistered

Better still, spank the wife or girlfriend and give her a red bottom.....
Old 12th September 2009, 12:36 AM   #14
mim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario.milhazes View Post
Hey

I dont windsurf to get chicks!!!!!! I do it because i like the feel of the sport.....and when you put your cash out to buy something that you like....shape...colour...etc...you want exactly what you have seen and been after!!!!

The case is that the dealer and starboard are in silence.....is this possible??? Of course not....in any business area the company want to keeps the clients happy so they can return.....this is not happening here!!!!

What if the board came out damaged.....in this case is the colour problem...but if it came with some big defect....where can i complain and get some feedback??? Not through the dealer and not trough starboard "services and warranty" form that i filled up 5 times and no response!!!

So i would have to get stucked with a damaged board???

PS: Mim if you want to go to the beach and get chicks you are in the wrong sport....try out surf!!

Mario,

the part on chicks (right after the divorce I do not give a sh*t about chicks) was a joke...I believe almost all people understood that. I just can speek for myself and say, that I never have a problem with my distributor...if you can not get a help from the shop where you buyed the board try the main dealer in your country...maybe he has some direct contact for urgent cases.

I just say, if you orded a futura in the volume and you specified the colour (here I mean if you said only red futura)...you got what you asked for...unless you specificaly told them that you want the one with red bottom.

Finallyt last thing...everybody here is trying to calm you down, which I find good, because the situation with starboard is not that bad (actually there is a big meeting or was last week on fuerte with all the european dealers...maybe that is why you can not get any answer...simple because they are away)...but please consider the situation and your behaviour...the colour of boards is usally only specified on top...look at the iSonic, it comes with grey bottom, and there was no word about it in specs...only visible on official pictures on SB web.

Hope you'll get your satisfaction soon, but believe it or not...I am sure that SB generally treat their customers pretty good.

Ciao Michal.

PS: the surf today was amazing.
Old 12th September 2009, 09:28 AM   #15
Unregistered

Though I don't agree with the tone of the thread. I believe the picture on this dealer site shows what he is referring to.

http://www.isthmussailboards.com/pro...p?number=SB9FU

Though not the end of the world, i understand the disappointment of expecting this and getting something else. Does look cool with the red and the white did seem a let down.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:03 AM   #16
eli villalabeitia

Hi guys, with a hand on your heart; How many of you would buy an used red futura with the bottom white, knowing that at least 99% are red bottom, surely you would think that the board have had same serious repair. Said that, I guess Mario is certainly not getting what he wants and loosing money if he wants to resell the board
eli villalabeitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 12:07 PM   #17
leysenkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli villalabeitia View Post
Hi guys, with a hand on your heart; How many of you would buy an used red futura with the bottom white, knowing that at least 99% are red bottom, surely you would think that the board have had same serious repair. Said that, I guess Mario is certainly not getting what he wants and loosing money if he wants to resell the board
Or would think that he had bought a 2008 version.
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 12:26 PM   #18
mim

Hey,

about the 2008 version...look at the serial muber the fitst two numbers are shortcut for production year/model year...that way you'll know which model do you have.
Old 13th September 2009, 12:37 AM   #19
DonRon

Mario,

you are right: red bottom!

I'm from Germany and have found this pictures:

http://www.hoppels.com/products/282-...acd2e8c73cd2b0

You should get what you have paid for.

DonRon
DonRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 12:48 AM   #20
mario.milhazes

Hi Everyone

Sorry for being so nervous and not acepting your jokes....but this is a case of feeling that a company doesnt treats the clientes as they deserve.

Ive sailed the board and i like i very much, best board ever, but i want an answer from the manufacturer of the board.......what im dissapointed is that nor the dealer nor the manufacturer says nothing about this issue!! The only thing that the dealer says that he sells what starboard sends him.

When i ordered the board i told the dealer that i wanted a RED one and had to wait for 2 weeks because he didnt have it in stock, i could have bought the 2008 model for less 200€ but i prefered to pay more for the board of my dreams......the 2009 Futura 101L all RED as seen on the beach and on catalogs!!

When you look at catalogs (http://www.isthmussailboards.com/pro...p?number=SB9FU) you can see that the bottom is red.....in in 2 or 3 years if i want to resell the board do you think that the people wont think that this board has been repaired because its white on the bottom.....so for sure i will loose money!!

I love starboard boards.....very easy to sail and very pretty, i was already negociating with my dealer to buy a Kode 86L and a Isonic 121L at the end of this year, but with this issue im thinking twice because i cant see any kind of answers coming back when something goes wrong.

When you spend your money, that you had to work hard to gain it, on a product you are after a quality product but also after a good post customer service from the manufactur that meaning the you will have some kind of feedback if you have a complaint.

In my country, Portugal, some companies are banned out of the market if they dont have an efficent customer service, we have a public departament where you can expose what happend and if the company doesnt reply it will be banned from selling there products, thats happening to a lot to asiatic companies (chinese most of all).

As i truly believe that Starboard is not like this i deserve an answer from them because the dealer says he sells what they send him!!

Im not against starboard.....i just want some feedback and justification why this happens!!

Good sailing to all!!

Last edited by mario.milhazes; 13th September 2009 at 12:52 AM.
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote