Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 23rd September 2009, 12:27 AM   #31
Farlo

Mario, have you considered an exchange with another guy on the beach? Some may not care about the colour but rather prefer a newer board?
Any compensation will go through your dealer I guess. This year I had a similar problem with a brand new sail. Not the colour but some wrinkles in one upper panel that would not go away by rigging or sailing. The manufacturer did not consider it a defect. Finally my dealer fixed the issue by getting me another same sail and discounting the first one. He probably lost some margin but kept an happy customer (and by the way it is an excellent sail).

Last edited by Farlo; 23rd September 2009 at 12:36 AM.
Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:04 AM   #32
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlo View Post
Mario, have you considered an exchange with another guy on the beach? Some may not care about the colour but rather prefer a newer board?
Any compensation will go through your dealer I guess. This year I had a similar problem with a brand new sail. Not the colour but some wrinkles in one upper panel that would not go away by rigging or sailing. The manufacturer did not consider it a defect. Finally my dealer fixed the issue by getting me another same sail and discounting the first one. He probably lost some margin but kept an happy customer (and by the way it is an excellent sail).
Hi Farlo

This has nothining do to with the dealer.
Its not his problem that starboard change colors in the middle of the production.

The manufacturer has to be responsible about this. Not the importers or resellers, they only sell what starboard delivers.

An exchange on the beach is not good because my boards has been used no more than 3 times and so i wont change with a board that has some months of use....

When you go and buy a car that has a major issue and it has to be changed the manufacturer suports that....not the importer or resseler.....poor of them if they had to support manufacturing problems......
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 03:02 AM   #33
Floyd

Cool

But Mario there isnt an "issue" with your board !!! Its a different colour !!!!
Besides read up on shark attacks !!! Apparently the go for red boards !!!!

Take board to a car sprayer; he`ll spray base for a few beers ???
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 03:58 PM   #34
Farlo

Hi Mario, of course it has to do with the dealer because "he told you to take the board [and] that he would solve the problem with Starboard". I agree that colour is one element of the product but in this case he took the responsibility along with your money. Arranging such issues is common in dealer's business. Also Floyd made a good point: your dealer could very well repaint your board (they usually do that after a repair).

Last edited by Farlo; 23rd September 2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 23rd September 2009, 07:53 PM   #35
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlo View Post
Hi Mario, of course it has to do with the dealer because "he told you to take the board [and] that he would solve the problem with Starboard". I agree that colour is one element of the product but in this case he took the responsibility along with your money. Arranging such issues is common in dealer's business. Also Floyd made a good point: your dealer could very well repaint your board (they usually do that after a repair).
Hi

The big issue here is having a leading windsurf boards company changing the appearl of an item without informing the customers in the middle of a production year!!!

If they changed the colors of the bottoms of the board they have to tell that to their dealers and clientes so they are aware when they want to get that board.

Do you think that a local repair shop can actually paint the bottom of the board as it came out of production?? I dont think so.....
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:39 PM   #36
nonopr

You guys are making an issue in regard the color of the bottom of the board. Incredible!!!! Like that affects the performance of the board.
Come on...
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 12:22 AM   #37
Farlo

Well, I'm not making it an issue. However colour plays a role in choosing my boards and sails, although it doesn't affect performance (at least at my level;-). Some years ago I waited a few months for a sail until my preferred colour became available. Windsurf is a beautiful sport because of beautiful colours too.
Hi Mario, yes a local repair shop can restore the colour. It's probably a basic pantone 485, or they can make a mix to match the exact grade. My dealer did so on a ST126 which was a similar, if not the same, red. Of course it was plain red without any graphics, but frankly I don't think you will get much more.

Last edited by Farlo; 24th September 2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 24th September 2009, 01:59 AM   #38
nonopr

Farlo, Fashion is not part of windsurfing.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 10:34 AM   #39
Unregistered

Thumbs up

I think there is a valid point here. When you pay good money for a good product, you expect to get what has been shown to you by the dealers with their brochures/ samples etc.

To some people, colour of the board is not important but it is to others.

(Have you seen a light blue or pink Ferrari? I would say 90% of Ferrari is red.)
Old 24th September 2009, 02:30 PM   #40
Unregistered

Talking

Fashion is very big part of windsurfing. Ask any marketing manager in the world. God love a duck. All boards would be white and all sails would be plain.

You really missed the mark this time nonopr

ULF ( can't be bother to log in)