Go Back   Starboard Forums > ProKids World

Old 30th November 2006, 12:02 AM   #1
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-
Default TRAINING!!

Can you tell me how to get started on a move, like flaka or vulcan, what do you do? How do you train? Do you make really short lines to get as many attempts as possible? Do you keep going if you get hurt(like twist ur ankle)? Do you try moves in both directions?

What about training on land - cycling, jogging, lifting weights, doing push-ups...

Every reply is helpful!
-Lampi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 11:59 PM   #2
Bernd

Default RE: TRAINING!!

Aloha Lampi,
I watch other people doing the moves or maybe video then I try it. Don't keep trying the same thing over and over or you'll get frustrated. If I can't get it after several trys I go to something else and come back to it. I try to learn the moves in both directions but Starboard tack sailing here is the norm. I don't do any training. I just have fun and that makes me tired enough.
Bernd
Bernd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 08:24 PM   #3
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-

ok... whats starboard tack???? :|
-Lampi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 01:17 AM   #4
Russell

Starboard tack is when you are sailing with the wind comming over the right hand side of the board.

When we say we sail starboard tack it means we have the wind comming over the right hand side when we are going out.

For us to help more we need to know your weight and what boards and sails you are using at the moment. Also age will help as if you are young it is better not to get to tachnical.

When trainig there are so many ways to do it. You can try and learn just a specific maneuver or you can learn a simpler one first to build up to it.

Windsurfing is the best training for windsurfing but all balance sports help a lot. Skate boarding, Trick skiing, Freestyle snowboarding, BMX, anything where you can do rotations.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote