Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 10th September 2009, 09:41 PM   #1
mario.milhazes

Default Watch out for starboard boards...

I bougth a Red Futura 101 L 2009 that supposed to be red underneath and it came out as white!!!!

Ive seen other futuras on the beach and they are all red or all blue as also on the online catalogs!! Why is mine red on top and white on bottom, i suppose to some construction error at the factory......what is the Quality department is doing there??? Nothing!!!! Sending you wrong stuff that you pay a lot of money!!!!

Its like going to get a car....ask for a red one and then they give you a red and white!!!! Do you think this is possible....of course NOT!!!!

Ive made several complaints to my local dealer, where i bought the board, i also filled up 5 times the "service and warrant" form and i had NO RESPONSE from any of them!!!!

So they just want to sell there products, get your money on there pocket and then ignore you when something goes wrong!!!!

What kind of company is this??? Im preparing a formal complaint to the Portugues and European Customer Service because this is not correct!!!!

I fill cheated and ripped off!!!!

My name is Mrio Milhazes (mario.milhazes@gmail.com) im from Portugal and i want to be contacted by Starboard to solve this out ASAP!!!!

Last edited by mario.milhazes; 10th September 2009 at 09:48 PM.
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Floyd

Red face

Come on Mario ; if its the only complaint surely colour of base is not worth getting upset over ? Whats colour of your car underneath ???

Besides white is far easier to repair/colour match when you do ding base !!!??

Its certainly not going to affect performance !!! (Unless you know something we all dont !!!)
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 09:58 PM   #3
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Come on Mario ; if its the only complaint surely colour of base is not worth getting upset over ? Whats colour of your car underneath ???

Besides white is far easier to repair/colour match when you do ding base !!!??

Its certainly not going to affect performance !!! (Unless you know something we all dont !!!)
Floyd

I could have got the 2008 model paying 200 less but i prefered to pay more and get the 2009 model because it was nearly all red and now i get a board that has only some red on top......im interested on the performance of a board but also the colour!!! I love red and all my sails are red...so saying that you can see why m dissapointed and cant understand that starboard does nothing and doesnt contact me!!!
Old 11th September 2009, 01:26 AM   #4
Ola_H
TEAM

Mario, I contacted customer service about this a while ago but have no answer. They have a lot to do since they handle kites and stuff too. And all warranty questions have to go through the dealer anyway. That is how the system is set up. Of course Starboard want their customers to be happy, but it would in practice be impossible to take care of warranties in the central head quarters.

The problem seems to be that Futuras come on both white and red bottoms. At least it seems that way. And then it's (even more) and issue between the dealer who sold you the particular board and you.

But if I hear anything more about this, I will get back to you. But in the mean time I think the best solution is if you try to resolve this with your dealer.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 02:17 AM   #5
Screamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Come on Floyd, it's not the same. Your car doesn't spend a lot of time turned upside down on the beach ;-))))))
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 04:01 AM   #6
Floyd

Cool

You`ve not seen my driving !!!!
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 11:34 AM   #7
Unregistered

One of the most gifted sailors in the UK of yesteryear (Duncan Coombs) was once asked what sort of fins he used. He replied "grey ones" !!
If you didnt get what you ordered, the dealer should change it.
Old 11th September 2009, 05:39 PM   #8
mim

Hey guys,

design of the board sure is important...but this is ridiculous! By the way, you reaally think the dealer can order a futura once with white and once with red bottom?

Grow up, colour is not riding, and if you're good you get some chciks thanks to your style not the colour of your "bottom".

And please stop writing here about how the company wants just money from us and then they will not respond to your question...the one who should deal with the company is your distributor...so go to him and let him work this out...one way or another it surely is much better than writting threads like this (even though it is an open forum and I have quit fun reading this post especially thanks to floyd's "driving style").

Have fun, I go surfing!
Ciao M.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:31 PM   #9
mario.milhazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mim View Post
Hey guys,

design of the board sure is important...but this is ridiculous! By the way, you reaally think the dealer can order a futura once with white and once with red bottom?

Grow up, colour is not riding, and if you're good you get some chciks thanks to your style not the colour of your "bottom".

And please stop writing here about how the company wants just money from us and then they will not respond to your question...the one who should deal with the company is your distributor...so go to him and let him work this out...one way or another it surely is much better than writting threads like this (even though it is an open forum and I have quit fun reading this post especially thanks to floyd's "driving style").

Have fun, I go surfing!
Ciao M.
Hey

I dont windsurf to get chicks!!!!!! I do it because i like the feel of the sport.....and when you put your cash out to buy something that you like....shape...colour...etc...you want exactly what you have seen and been after!!!!

The case is that the dealer and starboard are in silence.....is this possible??? Of course not....in any business area the company want to keeps the clients happy so they can return.....this is not happening here!!!!

What if the board came out damaged.....in this case is the colour problem...but if it came with some big defect....where can i complain and get some feedback??? Not through the dealer and not trough starboard "services and warranty" form that i filled up 5 times and no response!!!

So i would have to get stucked with a damaged board???

PS: Mim if you want to go to the beach and get chicks you are in the wrong sport....try out surf!!
Old 11th September 2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Ola_H
TEAM

Mario, the problem here is that we don't know that the board is not correct. I have not even seen where it is stated that the board should have a red bottom.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote