Old 31st October 2009, 03:55 PM   #11
Screamer

Hi Bel

I couldn't tell what's your experience level from your first post, so I was cautious about recommendations. Now, I think you should go for iS101, no doubt. Don't worry about occasional sessions in the open water, iSonic is more comfortable, calmer and better behaved than other brands' slaloms, in my opinion.
Nocam sails, I don't know if I can explain it well - nothing stops you from trying it. I've tried it a few times and you can use it for pottering around, but I have the impression you want to be fast & efficient. iSonic needs a sail that will "pin" or "lock" it down while hammering through bumps. With no cams, you literally feel the sail shape changing rapidly, and the board trim goes wrong too. That said, I've found I prefer freerace 3-cam sails (North ram, Gaastra gtx, Severne overdrive, etc) rather than full on race (warp), they are a bit more forgiving and real-world-sailor-friendly, while still very stable.

"Wild hairs", that's a good one, remembering what it's like when you're young and stupid ;-)

Last edited by Screamer; 31st October 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 12:57 AM   #12
BelSkorpio

OK Screamer,

You've convinced me. Let's start seeking an IS 101.
BelSkorpio is offline   Reply With Quote