Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 13th November 2009, 12:48 AM   #11
emir633

I'm very confused. Someone says that I must buy an iSonic, someone says that I mustn't buy an iS. What am I gonna dooo?!?!?!
emir633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 01:38 AM   #12
Ken

Opinions will vary and the bottom line is that you could buy either one and do just fine. If it is the iS, it will be more of a challenge to master. The Futura will be easier and more fun in my opinion. Top speeds will be very close so I wouldn't let speed be the deciding factor.

Your personality and commitment should be the guiding force. If you are very agressive and dedicated and may race slalom, then the iS may be the board. If you just like to have fun and blast back and forth, then the Futura is the board.,
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 02:08 AM   #13
leysenkr

maybe you can wait for a Starboard test day within your neighborhood. Then you can test both.
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 02:11 AM   #14
mark h

Emir633, 4-years windsurfing can seem like a long time, but during this 4-years how often have you got out? One a month, once a week or every day. Some one sailing every day for 12-months will have more "time on water" (experience) than an average week-end warrior.

Roger asked all the right questions and made all the comments. Could you answer his questions to help get the right answers to you?

As screamer pointed out, you recently started a thread about "how not to get catapulted". Although we crash & burn from time to time, Im wondering if "full on" slalom kit is suitable for some one asking this question.

You might be better asking your self "am I really ready/prepaired to give slalom kit a go. You will no the true answer.

As already pointed out, today's slalom kit is way easier to use compaired to the old school Sputniks etc, and modern kit has a much wider wind range making kit selection much easier.

One option would be to buy a second hand slalom board like a Sonic 100 or earlier iS94 and get a couple of used freerace sails. If you like it, then jump and get newer kit.

One thing I would say is, stepping out of our comfort zone is a good thing, initial struggles are often rewarded by moving on to another level.

Don't think about it to much, just go for it, what's the worst that can happen???

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote