Old 1st December 2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Bill K

Default RIP Lothar Schaupp

RIP Lothar Schaupp, my mentor in international business, passed way on an afternoon in Thailand, Nov 27, 2009 after complications of lung and brain cancer. He was the founder of Gorge Sport, USA producer of the Gsport line of fins. which I purchased in 2000. It was Lothar who developed the tooling to produce custom quality fins. Many Gsport/GFC designs were Lothar s designs, later Curtis assisted in further development, that name being used on the line from late 90 s to circa 2004. Lothar and his collaborations influence remain central to Gsport 2010.

Lothar was also a key figure when Starboard was a tiny unknown as one of the charter Starboard distributors North and South America. He was a major factor in getting the Starboard names going and assisting at times with Cobra production. Lothar was close friends with Cobra's founder.

I worked for Lothar from 1995 and his spirit remains a lifelong influence and touched many worldwide in so many ways. The many relations ships I now have in over three dozen countries worldwide came about because Lothar gave me the opportunity to market Starboard, Gsport and later buy the Gsport brand.

I am grateful for relationships and friends worldwide that Lothar brought into my life and those of others. Lothar is pictured far left, myself to his right at his favorite German restaurant in Bangkok, Otto's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Otto Rest.jpg (36.6 KB, 20 views)
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote