Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 14th March 2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Rbp

Default Severne Code red09 rigging

Hi, I just bought a second hand 2009 code red. I have got at few questions about rigging.

There was no mastplug on the sail, and it looks like it is designed that way. Is this right?

There is a lot of the sail touching the boom, almost all the way forward to the harness lines. Should i put on more outhaul or is it just supposed to be this way?

Rene
Rbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 01:48 AM   #2
nonopr

First of all you need to tell us the size?
What mast you have for that size of sail and how much extension you are suing for that size sail.
Thanks
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Rbp

Hi it is a 7.0 sail and i am using 460 mast with recommended downhaul
First i tried using a neilpryde mast, since then i have used a gun constant curve mast. It helped a great deal on the problem with the sail touching the boom, however there are some vertical lines in the luff sleeve that i can get out by using 4-5 cm extra outhaul, the sail looks better with the extra outhaul and still has a good profile.

Can i get the wrinkels in the luffsleeve out by aplying spacers. The cams are very easy to snap on and rotate very easily.

This picture is the sail with recommended outhaul and downhaul. How does the sail look and what wolud you change?

Last edited by Rbp; 29th March 2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:02 PM   #4
kennatt

my 7.7 is just like that creases in the luff the severn rep told me that they are all like that to allow flexing.\your third batton down could do with more tention as does the one below the boom.Tried on several different masts still has the creases so he may be right. Someone from the team should be able to assist ,where are you then??
kennatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:06 PM   #5
pfaffi

Send a message via Skype™ to pfaffi

not enough downhaul!!!!!
the lose material between top and second batten should go much closer to the mast pocket. Same for lose material between second and third battten - should go app. 20cm to the left of your tiki (photo).
BR
pfaffi
pfaffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 09:31 PM   #6
Rbp

Hi, i am in denmark. Gonna contact the local severne dealer regarding my other questions. I could only get 5-10cm left of the tiki. It was impossible to pull anymore. Even with formuline. But it worked very well on the water, and felt fast as ****.
Thanks