Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 30th May 2010, 03:24 AM   #1
Chesapeake

Default A Message to Starboard's Management

First let me preface my comments by saying I am a Starboard enthusiast and own three Starboard boards. I am writing, however, to express my extreme dissatisfaction with Starboard's inability to deliver a 2010 Starboard Kode Wood 113 that I ordered back in October. I have waited now six months and through correspondence with my local shop have counted 4 to 5 shipments to the US, none of which contained the board I ordered. I understand and accept that there are delays in the manufacturing and shipping of boards in a global economy, but six months is too long, especially with the light wind summer season gearing up. Instead, I've cancelled my order and have opted for another vendor's offering.

My message to Starboard is simple and obvious; if you cannot take care of your customers, even your most loyal ones, someone else will.

A particular case in point. Starboard has already advertised their replacement of the Futura with the new Carves. My local shop cannot get delivery of the Futura's ordered back in the same October time frame, nor are the Carves available anytime soon either. This again is an example of not delivering on what you advertise. I don't care how far ahead of the R&D curve you think you are.

I'd like to hear a satisfactory reply to my complaint (I'll even settle for some commisseration at this point). This will at least give me the comfort that Starboard accepts its responsibility and is interested in keeping its loyal customers.

Thank you,
Mike
Chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Declan

Hello Mike,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your support of Starboard, and I apologize for the obvious frustration this has caused you.

We are the distributors for Starboard and we do our best to make sure that we have the "right inventory" on hand at the right time, but this is not always possible. Starboard has a very diverse and broad range of products available. While this offers fantastic choices, it is very tough for us as the distributor to stock each of the 138 models and constructions at all times. Certain models are special order items, and the Kode 112 Wood unfortunately falls into this category.

We have contacted your local dealer so that hopefully he can put us together as I would like to personally explain the situation.

On a separate note regarding the Carves, they do not replace the Futura and rather will run along side the Futura. The Futura remains the much more "Free-race" oriented board, while the Carve is much more forgiving and is more of an all around "freeride" board.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Best regards,
Declan
Declan is offline   Reply With Quote