Old 29th December 2006, 06:57 PM   #1
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-
Default Flare

HI!

I have some questions about the starboard flare:

Is it really a pure freestyle board built just to make learning tricks easy or is it more like a freestyle orientated S-type (fast, but a bit easier to control)? How does the slalom rocker affect the board in terms of freestyle?

I would also like to know what is the difference between the '06 and the '07 model (94 and 99).

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you...

Lampi
-Lampi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Taty Frans
Dream Team NB-9

Default RE: Flare

Hi There,

I won't compare the flare with the S-type, The S-type is faster then the Flare and is also not able to do the freestyle moves/tricks like the flare..

The slalom rocker is just to make the board fast so you don't have to strugle to get on a plane.

When you are doing a freestyle move the slalom rocker doesn't affect while in the move I feel like you can finish the move with more speed and it even give you the feeling to do the double move.

Okay the 94 is now the 88..
the 104 is the 99..

taty frans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Taty Frans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 04:18 PM   #3
Ola_H
TEAM

I'm really no freestyler myself, but still agree with Taty. The Flare very much feels like a freestyle board and not a freerider. And even to me who are only trying the simplest freestyle tricks the Flare still feels easy to jump and slide. But the slalom rocker surely also makes the board fast and early planing.

As for 06->07, the volume distribution is a bit different with thicker tails, I think.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2007, 02:55 AM   #4
slajder

Hello boyz

How about the planing abilities of the Flare 104 of 2006? I really intend to buy a new freestyle board but a bit confused. I also heard that it feels like a 98-99 liters board.
I am 84 kg (190 cm), I have just succeeded my first willy skippers and volcans. I am not good at "active" planing, and I do my job mostly on a small lake with gusty conditions, sometimes weak 4-5 Bft.
I am a bit afraid of the narrow tail of the board (39 cm) for popping and early planing abilities.
Do you think I will be glad with the Flare?
slajder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2007, 03:09 AM   #5
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-

Taty and Ola thanks for the replies!

Definately getting me a 99l flare...

Can't wait for the spring
-Lampi- is offline   Reply With Quote