Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 26th November 2010, 09:13 AM   #11
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Tonymatta,

The Phantom Race 320 2009 Average Weight (+ or - 6%) was 15.56 and the 2010 15.83 with 60 liters more. This weight is without all the accessories, Foot-Straps, Dagger Board, Fin & Mast Track, so your board looks ok

Have fun

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 04:17 AM   #12
ZedZdeD

This board is great.

Accessible to any windsurfer, even beginners.
Performing, interesting and technical for any windsurfer, even most experienced.
Pleasant from the slightest wind to force 5-6, planning or not.
Versatile as it allows a more diversified navigation than a shortboard.
Advanced with a modern and innovative design.
Reasonably priced, and with a reasonably robust construction.
... and you even can use it as a SUP, and as a kayak with the Bic very comfortable seat

it is not just a raceboard, it is much more than that, a rediscovery of the characteristics which once made windsurf a large audience sport

I would so much wish to see Starboard :
- market this board with this broader approach
- dedicate some promotion efforts to it, so far the only available video is mine, it is not normal
- sell a one design rig to fit with it, so beautiful and well thought you could not resist buying it
- sell the same gear without substantial modification for several years

and invite seasoned windsurfers to try this as a complement to their quiver of short boards
I did that and felt I was rediscovering the pleasure of navigation

otherwise we will have less and less windsurfers, sailing always more elitist gear, and the sport will not survive this very long

note : it would be even better to coordinate such approach with other windsurf brands, which would sell the same gear but with their colors, and together create a critical mass for success.
ZedZdeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 07:57 AM   #13
Sailboarder

As far as marketing goes, you are pretty right. Even the product description on the web site looks like an aftertought. It is surprising...

I assume the Kona One Design fits the bill of a more popular board, with an increasing fleet. Starboard is pushing Formula, which is fine too. It's probalby better for the sport if Starboard lets Kona build it's class, instead of pushing another competing one.

For me and the family, I will eventually choose between BIC 293, Kona One, Fanatic Viper or RRD Longrider. I hope I'll find some to try, everything with a dagger board seems to be considered a beginner board around here.
Sailboarder is offline   Reply With Quote