Old 7th August 2010, 11:49 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default StarBoard footstraps

sorry for maybe sounding dumb, but how do you make the slick straps smaller? you open them and theres 1 piece of velcro that doesnt so anything to make them smaller? any help?
Old 8th August 2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

Open the cover, then release single (narrow) piece of velcro. At the end where it goes into the strap there is a steel loop. Pull the velcro strap away from this still loop. This will make more of the velcro strap come out from the strap and this tightens the strap. When the straps are new, it might be a bit difficult to make them small since there is a lot of internal friction. But some "massage" of the strap (push the center of it towards the board to sort of collapse it) will help. Then stand on the board and pulling quite hard in the velcro strap. I have super narrow and thin feet and can still get them to fit (although the smaller original slick strap I which most thought were to small actually fitted me better).

For 2011 there is a totally new footstrap which has a more classic double velcro style closure.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Unregistered

ah thanks very much, i thought it would be strange for starboard to make them unadjustable :P, i'll give it a go.
Cheers