Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 31st October 2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Isaf

hi,
I have a starboard freeformula 157 2003. On the board is the ISAF logo printed!!
Can I use this board for slalom race?
Thank you for you advise

Andy
Old 31st October 2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Andy,
Yes, the board is obviously on the ISAF "registered" list (due to the ISAF logo on the board).
Would a 2003 Free Formula 157 be competitive with the current Isonic slalom boards?.....
probably not!
Roger
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 02:48 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default not in the ISAF list

Hi Roger,
thank you very much for your replay!!!
The only minor problem is that the board has not been included in the current list( last version) of slalom board approved (see ISAF). This could cause some missunderstanding....
Have I readed the wrong list? Have you an up to date list in which the freeformula is mentioned?

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Best

Andy
Old 1st November 2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Andy,
I might be wrong, but I believe that since your board is older, it gets "grandfathered" in to ISAF approval
if it was approved and registered at the time it was manufactured.
Actually, where are you located.... that would be a good question to ask the yachting authority (the group with a member on the ISAF council) in your country.
It may be different in different parts of the world.
I've never been to a race (all over the USA at all levels, and in Thailand) where they checked the ISAF registration numbers on boards.
Where you are it may be different.
If they ask you where your ISAF registration/approval is..... show them your board.... it's printed on the board, right?
Roger
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 05:10 PM   #5
Unregistered

Hi Roger, thank you very much!! I fully agree with your! This board is a super board! By the way I hope that i the future Starboard will reconsider the production of this line!! Anyway As you said, I will show the ISAF logo on the board!!!!!
Thank you very much

Andy SUI-144
Old 1st November 2010, 05:42 PM   #6
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Andy,

The last version of this board is the Ultra Sonic 147 who is really a big step forward but out of the box for Slalom racing due to the max width limit.

All the production board have the ISAF logo but this one wasn't register as a slalom board but any way your are under the rules with it (85cm wide). So you can race with it with out any problems. The rule in 2003 was 80cm max.

By the way if it's long distance race you can use what you want unless their is specific rules in your country.

Hope this help

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 02:47 PM   #7
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Hi Remy,

thank you very much for your advice. It will surely help me! In some marginal condition and according to my personal surfing attitude, the board is excellent (particularly very early planing and stability with big sails...)...then the iSonic make the difference, obviosly!

Thank you again

All the best to you

Andy
Old 4th December 2010, 06:17 AM   #8
Unregistered

Default Freeformula 157 2003

Hi remy,
I need from you an additional advise concerning the best fin/fins for this board in order to reach top board speed and performance
Drake slalom 54? Or 56? Other?
I use neil pryde rs slalom from 6.2 to 9.2

Thank you

Best

Andy