Feature-packed with smart ideas and offering the most advanced shape in the entry-level segment, the Starts make learning to windsurf and planing in the straps easier than ever.
The original Start from 1999 was the board that changed windsurfing from a difficult sport to learn into a sport that you could learn in just 60 minutes. Many of its features continue in today's Start:
- Super wide shape: therefore ultra-stable.
- Full EVA deck: makes the Start comfortable and fun to ride on.
- Convenient carry handles
- Beginner footstrap positions
Other features are new, with each new generation of Start boards over the last decade bringing in new ideas and evolving the concept to continue to make windsurfing easier and easier to learn and teach.
Ultra-stable but also fun
- More glide thanks to longer shapes with a low, slender rocker that makes getting on to the plane smooth and easy.
- Earlyplaning: the extra-wide tail of the new Starts allows them to plane early and easy. The quicker you get planing, the quicker you get hooked.
The Start's special features
- Contour deck: Normally, a deck is mostly curved towards the outside edges. This means that the strap positions need to be out on the edges to be comfortable, but then getting into thefootstraps is very difficult. If the straps are positioned closer to the board's centre line, the deck will be flat and uncomfortable. With Starboard's Contour Deck, specially shaped recess makes the deck comfortable when the straps are positioned inboard. This makes it easy and natural but also comfortable use the more advanced footstrap positions.
- Extra thick rail section in the middle of the board: adds extra stability. The deck is totally flat in the area where entry level sailors will walk around the first hours onboard.
- Colour coded deck: different colours on the deck indicate both ideal foot positions and sail positions: for uphauling, for medium-power-zone and for more-power-zone. Makes learning and teaching much simpler.
- Integrated nose protector:to protect the board from mast impacts.
- All Gaierdaggerboard:the new Starts now come fitted with the classic All Gaierdaggerboard system. The All Gaier system is a guarantee of reliability and convenience. Extremely easy and smooth to operate, it can last for decades without the need for any special maintenance.
The Starts are built in super durable Tufskin Technology with an ASA plastic skin wrapping the board for extra impact and scratch resistance. For maximum comfort and safety, the decks of the boards are covered in a soft, grippy and grooved EVA sheet 2 to 6mm thick.
- Longer nose with a longer, lower rocker - for more longitudinal stability and more glide
- Specially designed deck contours make it easier than ever to sail in the footstraps
- Integrated nose protector
- Extra-wide tails offer easier and earlier planin
- Tail cutaways improve speed and acceleration
- Side-cuts improve fin drive and release
- All Gaierdaggerboard system
- Multiple insert positions offer tuning options for entry level/ intermediate/advanced riders
- Nose carry handle for convenience.
- EVA-Tufskin construction
- Centre carry handle
- Extra-wide outlines with extra volume in the rail mid-section for additional stability
- Colour Coded, soft EVA deck