Go Back   Starboard Forums > ProKids World

Old 1st February 2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Bubs

Send a message via AIM to Bubs Send a message via MSN to Bubs
Default Hey Everyone

Hey everyone,

Just posting to see whos around. I'm 14 and live in South Australia. I've been sailing since i was about 6 or 7. Anyone else who lives around this area as i've never seen someone even close to my age around the place.

I'm about 65kg and sail boards ranging from 100L to 160L depending on the wind. Have a smaller fiberglass board stashed somewhere which is about 80L. Also have 4 sails, smallest is 5.0 and biggest is a 7.0. Many different brands including Naish, JP, Tiga, Neilpryde and Gaastra.

I mainly just sail in a straight line, recently trying to jump do things like that. Don't sail very often but hopefully more often now that my brothers finished school. Favorite spots are Boggy Lake and Goolwa.

Sadly i havn't done any competitions as i do not know of any around my area. Windsurfing isn't that big here and i don't know of any suitable comps for me. Any assitance on that would be appriciated.

Bubs

P.S: How experianced do you have to be to get some kind of sposorship?
Bubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Bernd

Default RE: Hey Everyone

Aloha Bubs,

Jumping is a super fun thing to learn. Keep at it and if it's something you want then you can make it happen.

Bernd B)
Bernd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 04:29 PM   #3
Kira

Default RE: Hey Everyone

Hey Bubs,
I'm 14 years old and also live in Australia.

I have 3 boards: 80L, 104L and a formula board...not sure how big it is. Sail wise i use anything between a 4 and an 8.5.

-KIRA
Kira is offline   Reply With Quote