Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 11th May 2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default wood bottom maintenance

I'm developing some hairline cracks in the bottom of my wood isonic. I'm not getting the swelling and shrinking that some have reported. Just some visible, very thin cracks up to 7 inches long, that are barely perceptible to fingernail passing over them. There is no softness.

I've read the old thread on using penetrating epoxy. I wonder if thin, foam-safe, CA glue would do the same thing and wick into the crack?

I'd be using a higher quality CA from hobby store that is supposed to be waterproof.

I ask because I have no experience using thinners in epoxy, so I'm looking at simpler solution.
Old 11th May 2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default debtsi genus

Okay, so the CA does not look like good idea... How about the BOATLIFE
Git Rot Penetrating Epoxy from west marine?
I understand that Smith's Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer (CPES) is the best option, but I'm in hurry to sail, so if I can pickup the epoxy locally without shipping that would be great.