Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 3rd July 2007, 05:40 PM   #1
kingo

Default kombat 08

hi with the new 96kombat 08 how will the freestyle influence affect the wave performance?Ive looked all of the kombats and really enjoy them as a large wave board and bump and jump board. The board is usually used with a 5.0m,5.7m and 6.25m in mainly on shore conditions. Should I caonsider the 87k i already own 80E and 70E. cheers
kingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 03:10 AM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

Default RE: kombat 08

As usual, full info on the 08 products will be given on aug 15, but you need not worry the successors of the 87 and 97 will be any less good in waves. I think the Kombats have earned a firm spot as a really good wave boards in many peoples hearts and there is no intent to break those hearts.

In 2007 terms: a K97 would be a great complement to your EVOs. I had the E80 and K87 and while they are different boards, the overlap relative the 80 is a bit to big for both of them to make sense in the same quiver (unless one really want to fine tune the ride in the 80-87l segment).

Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 04:18 PM   #3
kingo

Default RE: kombat

Thanks Ola. Now I can sleep easy. I hate having my heart broken and I knew starboard would not do this to me as we have had such a sweet relationship for over 7 years. Keep on the good work I thank you. THANK YOU
kingo is offline   Reply With Quote