Go Back   Starboard Forums > Kevin`s Corner

Old 8th August 2007, 12:03 AM   #1
axel07

Default early planing slalom board

Hi Kevin,
i've just sold my ft138 (grrrrr, no coment!) and bought carve 111. I allso have Kombat 117, But i find a probleme for early planing on lightwinds now!
I do not like to use bigger sails than 7.8 m2 (i find it to heavy) and prefere no cambers.
To use within 14nds+ to 20nds + aprox, what board do you think is better for early planing on flat water? stype 137 or isonic 133? I know isonic might be better for bigger sails, but what do you thing about st137? Thanks in advance.
Axel
axel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 01:58 AM   #2
windsurferdagg

Send a message via MSN to windsurferdagg
Default RE: early planing slalom board

hypersonic 111 or isonic 133. from what I understand, the s types require more power to get planing. They like to have more power.

I know I can get planing with my hypersonic 111 in 13 knots. Maybe more if I tune my sail and get used to my board a bit more. I use a 7.6 naish redline and am 66 kg

just put in my 2 cents...

thomas
windsurferdagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 12:50 AM   #3
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Default RE: early planing slalom board

For sure the 133 will be a earlier plaining board. It is built for this and goes fast as well. Antoine is using this board for his light wind sails and is going very fast. Gof for the 133!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote