Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 18th January 2008, 02:57 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default f162 -spanish feedback-

Young gun Pablo Anja has written the following impression.Would be great if someone would translate his words in english...

Buenas, aquí uno que ha probado ya la 162:
Hoy con viento de garbí unos 15 nudos y mar plano en la orilla y dentro con el típico choppy la he probado con la code red 2 de 10 metros con botavara aeron. La primera diferencia que se ve es la proa que es mucho mas fina y que la tabla es mas puerta, mas cuadrada, luego los straps hay que abrirlos dos puntos mas por lo menos, son más pequeños.
En el agua:
Habiendo viento para ir bien con 10, monté la aleta que el año pasado usaba para viento flojo-medio y el pie de mastil en el punto recomendado, la tabla en ceñida se la notaba muy encarrilada, no se volaba nada, no se si es que no habia suficiente... pero vamos mucho control lo que permitia poder ceñir mejor, más comodamente. A la hora de la popa se nota que hay bastante diferencia, muchas más que en ceñida, la tabla baja mucho pero tienes que pillarle el truco para no frenarte, lo bueno es que siempre bajas, pocas veces hay que orzarse para coger velocidad y bajar más.
En la trasluchada cuesta mas caentear pero aguanta mas el planeo antes de frenarse por lo que es más fácil sacar la trasluchada planeando.
Cuando bajó el viento me di cuenta de que hace falta una aleta más potente para poco viento ya que con la que el año pasado usaba para poco viento no tenia potencia suficiente para despegar del todo la tabla y iba frenada.
Estas sensaciones son del primer dia y navegando solo, mañana si hay suerte probaré con los de castellón que usan algunos la del año pasado y podré sacar conclusiones, si esta flojo pondré la de serie que tiene buena pinta.
Salu2
Old 18th January 2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Unregistered

Talking

In brief, i think it says something like..............
I wish i had bought an F2 or Exocet.............
Old 18th January 2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Unregistered

thank you for your help but need something more appropriate.A direct translation would be better helpfull for many of us.

Thank you
Old 18th January 2008, 03:07 PM   #4
AlexWind

Quick "google" translation:

Well, here one that has already tested the 162:
Today garbí with winds around 15 knots and sea level on the shore and within the typical choppy with code red 2 of 10 meters with 2 fins. The first difference you see is that it has thinner nose and the board is more square, then straps must be open two dots more at least, they are smaller.

In the water:
Having wind to go along with 10, got the flipper that last year used to wind medium and weak-foot mast at the point recommended table upwind was very noticeable track is not flying anything, not if that there was enough ... But go much control which allowed power limit better, more comfortably. At the time of the stern note that there is quite a difference, many more than upwind, but have a long low table that pillarle the trick not braking, what good is always low, there is seldom that upwind to catch speed and get off more.
In trasluchada costs more caentear but holds more before the plane stopped making it easier to remove the trasluchada planning.
When the wind dropped, I realized that we need a little flap powerful because with the wind that last year used for little wind did not have enough power to take off the table altogether and went braking.
These sensations are the first day and sailing alone, if there tomorrow with the fate of castellón try using some of last year so I can draw conclusions, if this will loose the serial is good.
Salu2

If someone can make some changes, please, welcome!
AlexWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Unregistered

Please, may someone be so kind to translate in english in a decent way?

This quick Google translation from spanish is REALLY INCOMPREHENSIBLE!
Old 18th January 2008, 05:42 PM   #6
Pacs

Send a message via MSN to Pacs Send a message via Yahoo to Pacs

Well, here we go! (please excuse my english)
Today with "garbi" (tipical local thermic wind from SW) about 15 knots and flat water near the shore but some tipic chop so far, and with a 10m CodeRed, and a Aeron boom. The first diference is the nose more slim/thin and the overall board seems to be more "door" (more square, like a box, wider at nose and tail). The straps are narrower and needed to open it a bit more.
In the water:
Wind enough for 10m sail, using the last year fin i used for low-mid wind and mastrack as recomended, the board feel so railed, it dont fly at all, maybe the wind was very low... but with a lot of control that let me go upwind better, and more confortable.
Downwind, here i feel a lot diferent, more than upwind, the board go so deep but need some skill for avoid to loss speed, the best is allways still downwind so deep, and dont need to loss angle to mantain speed.
Gybing is harder to carve but mantaining speed more easy, then is more easy to still planning while gybe.
When the wind drop down, i feel i will need a more powerfull (than my last year i used) fin for low wind because (my last year fin) makes the board a bit sticky and slow.
Note that is my first day with the board, sailing alone, tomorrow i hope to sail with "castellon" (local) guys , some still having last year board, and then i will have conclusions, and if the wind is so low i will use the stock fin that have good look.
I hope this helps

Paco

Last edited by Pacs; 18th January 2008 at 05:45 PM.
Pacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 09:14 PM   #7
Unregistered

Thank you, Pacs, for impressions and translation.

Some questions.

What fin did you use with 162 ?

Where did you try it ?

Thank you.

Regards.
Old 18th January 2008, 09:36 PM   #8
Pacs

Send a message via MSN to Pacs Send a message via Yahoo to Pacs

im only translate the first post
Pacs is offline   Reply With Quote