Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 21st May 2008, 05:00 PM   #1
Alan R

Default Futura 101 or 111

Hi,

I want to buy a new board and I am thinking about the futura 101 or 111 lt. The sails that I will be using with the board are RS6 6.2m2 and RS6 7.2m2 and I weigh 82kg. The conditions that I sail in vary from flat to choppy conditions and my concern is which board will handle the choppy water conditions the best ? Which board is best suited to my sails and weight?

Your advise would be much appreciated.
Alan R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Maximus

Hey Alan

I have the F93 and sail it with a 6.7 RSR & are 85kg. This is a great combo, infact I am considering getting a 6.2 instead. Have done 34+ knots with this combo.

I would go for the 101, to sail with 6.2 and 7.2. No doubts. The boards get up and going very quick for thier volume, its more a function of width. The control is outstanding.

I would reccomend getting some good slalom fins, as the supplied fin wont work with the RS6.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Alan R

Hi Maximus

Thanks for your advise. I've got 3 Tectonics Goldwing fins 34, 36 and 38. Do you think these fins will work well with the 101?
Old 23rd May 2008, 07:20 AM   #4
Maximus

Hi Alan

Sorry, haven't sailed with the Tectonics fins, but if they are slalom fins, should be fine. The sizes look spot on.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 05:25 PM   #5
Chris Pressler

Hi Alan,
go for the Futura 101. This board is so easy flying over the chop and will fit perfect to your mentioned sailsizes. My weight is 82 and had so much fun on this board in the choppy waters of Vietnam.

enjoy,
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:08 PM   #6
Alan R

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. I have another question to ask. Does the extra 10L in volume and 3.5cm in width make such a big difference in control beween the 101 and 111?
Old 27th May 2008, 05:13 AM   #7
Chris Pressler

Hi Alan,
both boards are great in control, but in my opinion the 101 fit sbetter to your sailsizes and weight.
All the best,

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote